hellsing order 9

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Hostile
Org Profile

Post by Hostile » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:39 pm

Episode 9 was excellent IMO. I watch a lot of anime with my little bro (13 yrs old): we watched Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL and DBZ together. Yes, including the End Of Evangelion... I was pre-warned about the opening sequence and skipped it.

Integra... is... HOT.

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:44 pm

i made my 11 year old sister and watch a little bit of Samurai X and now she hates most anime :lol:

I dont like it when she likes tsuff I like

Although, she likes pokemon :x :x Can't belive someone of my own family would like it!
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:24 pm

Although, come to think of it, if we're homophobes we should be more upset about episode 3...

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:34 pm

is that the episode of the two vampire lovers?
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:50 pm

The Hitokiri Battousai wrote:is that the episode of the two vampire lovers?
Spoiler wrote:Vampire student at exclusive boys' school gets his freak chip on with another student, they are caught before it takes effect, both die, the newer vampire gets autopsied and the freak chip removed, the other one rampages through the hospital looking for his lover, Seras has a hard time bringing herself to kill him, but she eventually realizes that there is no hope of restoring the dead one to life or undeath, and finally pulls the trigger. Then the Vatican's regenerator shows up and makes trouble...

agelesslorg
Org Profile

Post by agelesslorg » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:12 pm

episode three is the best episode i saw but not the beginnig it was boring
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
BEING A JERK GETS YOU NOWARE IN LIFE

ryuu_hime13
Org Profile

Post by ryuu_hime13 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:01 pm

Hellsing is just great.

I have a friend whose ten year old brother watches a lot of the stuff I watch...but he's not the sharpest crayon in the box, if you know what I mean, and he doesn't get half of what's going on so no damage is done, hehe. :roll:
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa

agelesslorg
Org Profile

Post by agelesslorg » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:59 pm

ryuu_hime13 wrote:Hellsing is just great.

I have a friend whose ten year old brother watches a lot of the stuff I watch...but he's not the sharpest crayon in the box, if you know what I mean, and he doesn't get half of what's going on so no damage is done, hehe. :roll:
just like my lil bro
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
BEING A JERK GETS YOU NOWARE IN LIFE

Hostile
Org Profile

Post by Hostile » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:27 am

koronoru: which is strange since FREAK vampires cant produce real vampires, only ghouls :s I think the rules of vampire existence get changed quite a few times between manga volumes and anime episodes.

koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:05 pm

Hostile wrote:koronoru: which is strange since FREAK vampires cant produce real vampires, only ghouls :s I think the rules of vampire existence get changed quite a few times between manga volumes and anime episodes.
Well, the series would appear to disagree with you there.
Spoiler wrote:Look at it this way: there has to be some way for the freaks to be created in the first place. Presumably, the one student did whatever it takes to make the other student a full freak-vampire (maybe implanting him with the chip instad of just biting him?) rather than a ghoul. If the chip is associated with self-reproducing nanotech, it could be self-assembling (i.e. you only need to inject someone with a few nanomachines for them to end up implanted with a chip). You wouldn't need to do actual surgery to freakify someone. Or maybe it was real surgery. Remember that when we first saw Mick, he was bleeding from his mouth, very near the place where they later removed the chip.

Also: the chip probably exists in different versions, which may have different powers and limitations. Finally: there's a question of how far the bite goes. Look at what Laura says to Integra in episode 9 (bringing this discussion back onto topic) - she says she's gonna inject Integra with some of her own blood to make her into a ghoul, but "not too much, because I don't want to make you a real vampire". Maybe Laura's a real (non-freak) vampire with more power than a freak vampire, but even so, maybe the first vampire in episode 3 had similar powers. We don't really know that the first vampire was a freak vampire himself; only that he caused the second vampire to become one. Maybe he was a low-level but non-freak vampire who could only create ghouls when he bit humans, and so he used the freak chip instead when vampirifying his lover. There are lots of possible explanations...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”