RahXephon episode 19

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Shadowmage
Org Profile

Post by Shadowmage » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:06 pm

serebi wrote:
someperson wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Gainex produced RahXephon. I believe it was Bones.

But yeah. I didn't tear during the death of Asahina, but I have to admit, it was kind of hard to watch :( .
WOAH thanks for the reality check, i looked that up immediately

"In the ending credits of the last episode of RahXephon, there's the english words "GAINAX." As far as I know, studio Gainax had nothing to do with RahXephon (say for the NGE comparisons), so why would BONES have that in their ending credits?

Gainax is a production house just like any other studio and occasionally are contracted to do work for various series. They did some animation for RahXephon, that’s about it. "

how odd.
I'm not surprised. GAINAX does alot of animation work as a third party member in other studio's animes. They also worked with Bones in the Escaflowne and the Cowboy Bebop movies.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:12 pm

someperson wrote:Where does it say "Gainax" in episode 26 credits? :?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... +rahxephon

:wink:
ImageImage

someperson
Org Profile

Post by someperson » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:46 am

Interesting. Well you learn something new everday. :)
Your life is incomplete if you haven't read Blade of the Immortal
Ctr+ Alt+Del
Bubble wrap

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:13 pm

generalhs wrote:
Corran Productions wrote:One thing I never figured out though...
Why did she have red blood in the beginning of the series and blue in episode 19?
Anyone able to explain this to me?
Read the liner notes?

They both actually had blue blood even at the beginning because they were Mu. In fact, in the RahXephon world, everybody is at least part Mu (humans are actually a mixed race of Mu and I'm guessing cavemen), but most of the population of Tokyo Jupiter is made up of newer Mu that arrived to rebuild their colony on Earth. They had red blood earlier on because they believed they had it. The Mu genes in their blood either weren't active or they just couldn't see it because they believed they were human. The Mu seem to have been hiding on Earth for a long time, even from eachother.

Ayato is a half Mu, so he has red blood with the Mu genes in it.
well.. i remember it like...
maybe wrote:I remember somewhere being said in the anime that they had blue blood because Ayato's first escape from Tokyo Jupiter caused the world of Tokyo Jupiter to lose balance and cause change.. ... Ayato's presence in Tokyo Jupiter kept it in balance.. something like that..

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:22 am

maybe it was in fact:
spoiler wrote:Everyone thought that the blood was red, since the Mu had that mind control thing going on. Like how no one noticed huge person shaped statues floated around the blasted stuff. Also the same way that Ayato couldn't really remember Haruka
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

someperson
Org Profile

Post by someperson » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:08 am

So many interesting theories. Wish there was a way to find out the real answer (going to have to flip through the RahXephon Bible).
Your life is incomplete if you haven't read Blade of the Immortal
Ctr+ Alt+Del
Bubble wrap

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:25 am

madbunny wrote:maybe it was in fact:
spoiler wrote:Everyone thought that the blood was red, since the Mu had that mind control thing going on. Like how no one noticed huge person shaped statues floated around the blasted stuff. Also the same way that Ayato couldn't really remember Haruka
I was thinking this too.
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:50 am

angelx03 wrote:
someperson wrote:Where does it say "Gainax" in episode 26 credits? :?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... +rahxephon

:wink:
I love all the b*tching by Eva fanboys in those threads. Makes me feel all warm inside as an Eva hater.

Of course the shows will be similar, they both borrow heavily from the book of revelations. There's no such thing as "Eva mode" :roll:

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:38 pm

someperson wrote:So many interesting theories. Wish there was a way to find out the real answer (going to have to flip through the RahXephon Bible).
lol yea, same here.. gotta go look!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”