It took five seasons... [Pokemon episode 267]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Anime Jedi
Org Profile

It took five seasons... [Pokemon episode 267]

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:26 pm

...but we've finally discovered who Gary took as his first Pokémon!

The forum description said that spoilers should be expected so this was my one and only warning...

It was Squirtle!

The episode of revelation was "The Ties That Bind".

The only way a person could have left out such an important piece of information until something like the 267th episode (not sure how accurate that is), would be that they had already planned to stetch out the series that long. At that point, it only becomes mind bogelling. 0_0

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:30 pm

That's good to know. Now does Ash have a new rival in that new Pokemon series or is it still Gary?
ImageImage

StreetFuryX
Org Profile

Post by StreetFuryX » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm

I don't think he has a new rival. I also don't think Gary is his rival anymore because the last episode with him had Gary announce that he wanted be a pokemon researcher.
Filipino pride! Kumusta?

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:01 pm

Nope. Gary's still his rival so far. In this episode, they are beginning one of the early battles in "Victory Cup". Which is the Johto equivalent to the Indigo Plateau (or whatever it was).

And to think, they've already started hinting towards the next series travelling in Hoenn (sp?) (from the Ruby and Saphire games), because a good friend of Ash's comes from Hoenn and has some pretty sweet Pokémon.

:: Sigh :: ...Pokémon. A series that you only watch once in order to see it as a whole, because you usually can't stand it a second time. lol And yet it goes on forever...

Charizard305
Org Profile

Post by Charizard305 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:51 pm

Anime Jedi wrote::: Sigh :: ...Pokémon. A series that you only watch once in order to see it as a whole, because you usually can't stand it a second time. lol And yet it goes on forever...
Despite how much I love the series .. thats the truth. Throughout all the other series they never once had battle between Gary and Ash where Gary revealed all 6 of his Pokemon. In the series, there was only3 places for balls to be held on that stand in Prof. Oak's office so it would make sence to believe that only the first 3 Origional Pokemon would take the places. (charmander, Squirtle and bulbasaur for those who didnt know). you could determine from that who Gary's pick was.

that was entirely too in depth.
- Richie -
Don't expect to have an inteligent conversation with me, the hampster that runs the wheel inside my head died a few weeks ago from lack of excersize.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:33 pm

Eh? I remember back when I watched it, that Gary's pokemon was a Squirtle....

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Re: It took five seasons... [Pokemon episode 267]

Post by Yukina_Raven » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:52 pm

Anime Jedi wrote:...but we've finally discovered who Gary took as his first Pokémon!

The forum description said that spoilers should be expected so this was my one and only warning...

It was Squirtle!

The only way a person could have left out such an important piece of information until something like the 267th episode (not sure how accurate that is), would be that they had already planned to stetch out the series that long. At that point, it only becomes mind bogelling. 0_0
The fact that ANY anime series has 267+ episodes is mind bogelling. :shock:

*siiiiigh* I miss my Pokémon game. I had a team of all Eevees! Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon and Umbreon. :) Stupid Gameboy had to go and catch fire.... :(

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Re: It took five seasons... [Pokemon episode 267]

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:21 pm

Yukina_Raven wrote:
Anime Jedi wrote:...but we've finally discovered who Gary took as his first Pokémon!

It was Squirtle!

The fact that ANY anime series has 267+ episodes is mind bogelling. :shock:

*siiiiigh* I miss my Pokémon game. I had a team of all Eevees! Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon and Umbreon. :) Stupid Gameboy had to go and catch fire.... :(
Espeon RULES! :twisted:
ImageImage

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:08 pm

YUS! Another Espeon fan! Woot! :D

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:00 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Eh? I remember back when I watched it, that Gary's pokemon was a Squirtle....
I'm almost positive his Pokémon was never revealed. The closest we ever got was seeing his Nidoking and Arcanine fight Mewtwo for the Earth Badge. Also, before starting on their journey in Johto, we got to see his Nidoqueen free everyone (Ash, Prof Oak...) at a reunion, and his Eevee battle is up against Pikachu. The last time we saw him (sometime in Johto), he battled again using Umbreon, which not doubt had evolved from the same Eevee.

So Umbreon, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Arcanine.

In reality, I was starting to think he started off with Eevee, because that's what he does in teh Yellow version, which is kinda based off the series. Makes sense, right?

Well, I can't wait for this weekend to witness the rest of their battle. In this battle, they use all 6 Pokémon, so this should prove to be pretty interesting. 6 on 6 battles are great. The one were Ash battled to win the Orange League Cup (something like that) was awesome too. 6 on 6, and he used up 4 Pokémon just to take down his opponent's Dragonite! 0_0

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”