What happened in Inu-Yasha? [episode 43]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

What happened in Inu-Yasha? [episode 43]

Postby TaintedYouth » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:30 am

I was just wondering if anyone can explane what happened in the episode of Inu-Yasha that aired last night on Adult-Swim. I turned it on near the end and he looked diffrent and killed a big purple demon. I just had no idea what was going on.
TaintedYouth

Postby AtomicWeezleman » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:32 am

did this purple demon have big teeth, really huge, and slaughtered a village???

(take note, i live in england, no adult swim here, im just guessing the ep)
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!
AtomicWeezleman

Postby TaintedYouth » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:08 am

I really don't know, i saw like 5 mins of the show. Though the demon did mention something about a village and eating everyone.
TaintedYouth

Postby AtomicWeezleman » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:20 am

well, this big purple dude was part of big bad evil dude (i forget names, the guy that goes round in the white bear skin thingy ((i know its not a bear skin)) ) and was sent to fight Inuyasha, lured him into a fight by killing everyone........ any how inuyasha fights with the tetsiga thingy (i know spellings!!!!!) and thats relly all that happened, the next ep repets the most important part of that episode at the begining.
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!
AtomicWeezleman

Postby TaintedYouth » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:52 am

Thank you for the info. I guess i should have more specific with my question. What im wondering is, why Inu-Yasha looked diffrent, like why and how was he a full blood demon?
TaintedYouth

Postby paizuri » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:33 pm

I bet they'll explain the answer to why he transformed in the next episode. I know they find out the reason a little while after the battle in the manga but it sounds like the episode ends before that part so I won't spoil it (I've only read the manga and haven't seen the anime yet).
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.
paizuri

Postby TaintedYouth » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:37 pm

Yea the episode ends before it is explaned unless they explaned how it could happen before the battle. I'll just wait till monday and see.
TaintedYouth

Postby DTJB » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:19 pm

BLOOD RIOT!!! Ahem, sorry. That's what I call Yasha's transformation because I'm an Iori Yagami (King of Fighters) fan. Check the spoiler tag if you want to know how Inuyasha does it.

Basically, Inuyasha's sword is his main weapon of protection. If it ever breaks, then his main line of defense is gone. Since Yasha is a half-demon, he doesn't have full demon blood, but because of this, he has an extra line of defense, a last resort, if you will. If he is on the verge of defeat/death, the demon part of his blood kicks in and in goes into a berserk state, losing his mind in the process. As far as the different look, well, I think anyone would look a little different if they went on mindless killing spree.
College is Kicking My Butt
M.E.B. Feb. 23 '51 - Aug. 3 '08
You will be missed.
See you around, Space Cowboy.
DTJB

Postby TaintedYouth » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:22 pm

thank you, that makes sense.
TaintedYouth

Postby Innotech » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:17 pm

yeah, thats the tetsusaiga breaks episode where Inuyasha achieves blood riot as explained above. I just got to that part myself
Anime owns you
Innotech

Postby Princess Sadoriko » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:38 am

that demon was called Goshinki which was also an incarnation of Naraku.
he was sent by Naraku to destroy the whole village in order to lure inyasha out while he was still severely injured, making it easier to kill him. but tessaiga was given to inuyasha to keep his emon nature inside so that the demon blood wouldnt take over his soul and control him.

tessaiga will soon be fixed, but then there will be a problem causing inuyasha to fight some terrible monster. (huge spoiler so i cant tell you unless u want to know).

nice to meet you all.
Princess Sadoriko

Postby Princess Sadoriko » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:40 am

sry but im a HUGE inuyasha freak..so got any ?'s i got the answer to...well most of them.
Princess Sadoriko

Postby LooneyJared » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:56 am

heh, pet peeve. i hate that word, incarnation. is it so hard for the dubbers to just call them naruku's spawn? cause incarnation sounds like theyre each naraku reborn.

Inuyasha's father left Tetsusaiga to him to protect him, in MANY senses. he uses it to fight, but also, it seals his blood. as the son of a Greater Yokai, his demon blood is very potent, and strong (basic reason why a half demon hanyou is so strong anyways, and Sesshomaru's basic kick butt strength). if not held in check, the blood could easily overwhelm inuyasha, turning him into the berserker seen in this episode. break tetsusaiga, break the seal, the blood awakens. the blood will eat inuyasha's soul, though, if it continues to take control. soon enough, dog boy will be a mindless killing machine if he changes enough.
LooneyJared

Postby ZiegDiablo » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:19 pm

Innotech wrote:yeah, thats the tetsusaiga breaks episode where Inuyasha achieves blood riot as explained above. I just got to that part myself

yes thats the episode were he turns into the full demon that was a good one
ZiegDiablo

Postby someperson » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:47 am

Let sleeping threads lie, lest they be resurrected and needlessly discussed further.
Your life is incomplete if you haven't read Blade of the Immortal
Ctr+ Alt+Del
Bubble wrap
someperson

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion