Evangelion Episode 23 Director's Cut proves the following...

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
squall1986
Org Profile

Post by squall1986 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:08 am

)v(ajin Koji wrote:but in Eva...who knows the difference between pointless and deep.
No one, not even the creators.
My <a href='http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 548'>first AMV</a> (FFVIII - "Imaginary")
My <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 48">second AMV</a> (Perfect Blue - "The Place You Have Come to Fear the Most")
<a href='www.animemusicvideos.org/members/member ... Profile</a>
<a href='http://s93459438.onlinehome.us/'>My Website</a>

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:24 am

the Black Monarch wrote: For the record, there is NO form of Albinism that causes blue hair. And contrary to popular myth, most albinos have blue or gray eyes, not pink. All forms of albinism cause blurry vision to some degree because the eyes need melanin to develop correctly. Rei seems to be able to read without glasses, hence the books on the dresser in her room. Rei isn't an albino (though she should be played by one in LAME).
yeah and theres no such think as Tokyo 3, Eva's, NERV, Angels, etc....so what? its a show they can make up their own form of albinism of all things :?
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:40 am

TheMadOne wrote: She eats no meat (maybe she can´t handle it) and she gets hurt very easyly. Maybe she´d get many more sicknesses if she would get older.
All of which has squat to do with albinism.
TheMadOne wrote:Or did anyone forgot what happend to Dolly, the first cloned being ever?
Dolly wasn't the "first cloned being ever." That distinction belongs to bacteria. She wasn't even the first mammal to be cloned by humans; that distinction belongs to mice, IIRC. The significant thing about Dolly was that it was the first time we'd successfully cloned anything as large as a sheep.

Next customer please.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

AtomicWeezleman
Org Profile

Post by AtomicWeezleman » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:32 am

Getting a kick out of this????

Anyhow, the whole albinism thing matters very little to the story.. so why argue over it, true, rei suffered from a dessease/illness/etc similar to albinism, so what, she had blue hair. arnt people allowed to die their hair??? shit man, minesgreen......... misattos is purple and fuyutski is grey.......... wait, thats old age, nevermind the point is, hair color matters little, and eye colour, well, most anime have at least one or two characters with red eyes ............what was my point again?

i cant spell anymore.....................
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:06 pm

the Black Monach is definetly right about one thing, Rei is not albino. There's no sufficient evidence to guess that. Why would they create a new form of albinism? Rei is Rei, I'd say you're going beyond the realm of logical assumption to try and slap medical terms on her when there's obviously no reason to do that, since there's no mystery or oddity that needs to be explained about Rei's looks then why try and find something like that? (BTW that relates to Ockham's Razor, so don't try and tell me that her hair has to be white 'cause of that... whoever it was that did that once :) )

Anway, back to the discussion at hand. Or, if you'd like, we could continiue to talk about Rei and her body, I have nothing against that. :D
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:01 pm

Maybe Rei is black? who knows. :? maybe they COLORED her NOT black but maybe she really IS supposed to be...you'll never know :shock:
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:01 pm

TallonKarrde23 wrote:Maybe Rei is black? who knows. :? maybe they COLORED her NOT black but maybe she really IS supposed to be...you'll never know :shock:
:shock: :| .... Maybe Rei is actually Furiiza from Dragonball Z, but "they" had to change her due to copyright issues.

OR, just maybe, possibly, Rei is Rei! :)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:07 am

If the first Rei didnt die, why would they have ANOTHER walking around, if the second Rei didnt die then why would they have a THIRD walking around. I guess im just not following u at all :|

Besides, what i understood was that lilith is what was used to make the EVAs ( Directed tword some posts on the first page :o )

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:14 am

First off, Lillith was discovered long before second impact, possibly inside the geofront. I had a reason for knowing this five minutes ago, and I can't remember what the hell it was now because it's 4am.
Second, the Adam embryo was taken with Gendo and his crew when they left Antarctica a day before second impact. It's said later that second impact was engineered by the project in order to 'minimize the damage', presumably to prevent the angels from awakening and finding Adam.
Actually, they were using the Lance to put human DNA into Adam. Adam sucked it down quite vigorously and that's what caused 2I. The cause of his return to an embryonic state is unknown.
Where's the reference for that steaming pile of crap? :|

Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:01 am

About the Rei thing.....there is definatley at least 3 Reis (or more preceisly, 3 Rei bodies..) I distinctly remember seeingin an ep, during the half time thing, that it said Rei III. So, it couldn't have been the same Rei body the whole series.
Also, when Ritsuko takes Shinji and Misato inside terminal Dogma (I can't remember exactly..) they come into a room that Shinji exclaims looks very similar to Rei's apartment room, to which Ritsuko replies "yes, this is Rei's room, this is where she was raised" or something like that. Maybe, they have a method for growth acceleration? That would explain the 4 year old Rei being create after Yui died...

And also, I'm pretty sure in the series that all the souls in the Evas are "salvaged souls". We already know that Asuka's mom is in Eva2, Yui is in Eva1, and it's likely that Eva0 has Akagi Naoko in it. But what about Eva3 and Eva4, and possilby Eva5 -Eva13?

Seriuosly, like someone said before, it's possible that even the creators don't know........funny ideas can just pop into one's head under the influence of drugs/ deppression/ stress, or a combination of all three.....
The Big O will KILL you!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”