Evangelion Episode 23 Director's Cut proves the following...

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:59 am

SS5_Majin_Bebi wrote:the 17th angel, Taberis, the angel of Alternatives
You've been around me too long. It's Tabris, Angel of Free Will.
I'm not so sure if he has any of Adam's DNA, but he does contain Adam's soul. Likewise, it's not clear that Rei has genetic material from Lillith, but rather, that she contains Lillith's soul.

EXODO
Org Profile

Post by EXODO » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:23 pm

Tab:
Likewise, it's not clear that Rei has genetic material from Lillith, but rather, that she contains Lillith's soul.
And how do you know that Rei is the one that contains Lillith's soul??? And if Rei do not contain genetic material, how can she exist??? What is she made of???

ATTE: EXODO
Studio: STUDIOS EXODO
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:28 pm

Well, for starters, because Kaworu directly says so.

And her genetics are Yui's. That's made pretty obvious.

Then again, thinking back, it makes no sense to me why Kaworu, containing Adam's soul, would refer to himself as distinct from Adam, in saying "Born of Adam", "Must all born from Adam return to Adam", etc.
However, Seele clearly states "Adam's soul is within you".

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:01 pm

Mmm... it's more like this:

Rei 1: Born in NERV's basement in 2000 or 2001. Survived four seconds of strangulation by Dr. Akagi Senior. Survived the explosion of Unit 00 and recovered quickly because of Uber angel healing powers (which may have been the result of Rei-Armisael fusion). "Died" in EoE.
Rei 2: Kept in the Reiquarium until 2015 or 2016, at which point it became the core of one of the two Rei-based dummy plugs.
Rei 3: Kept in the Reiquarium until 2015 or 2016, at which point it became the core of the other Rei-based dummy plug.
Rei 4-15 (and up?): Kept in the Reiquarium until Ritsuko hit the "puree" button. #4 may have been used for "spare parts" after Unit 00 self-destructed.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on the DC of Episode 24; there's some stuff in there that causes contradictions. For example, when Rei is wondering "what did kaworu mean when he said we were alike?," that scene kind of doesn't make sense after the addition of Kaworu saying "Hey, guess what? You and I have the souls of Lillith and Adam, respectively! Isn't that neat?" Similarly, it doesn't make sense for Kaworu to mistake Lillith for Adam after SEELE tells him outright that Adam is in Gendo's hand.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:29 pm

EXODO wrote:
Tab:
Likewise, it's not clear that Rei has genetic material from Lillith, but rather, that she contains Lillith's soul.
And how do you know that Rei is the one that contains Lillith's soul??? And if Rei do not contain genetic material, how can she exist??? What is she made of???
Rei carries Lillith's soul because in EoE, at the point where Rei is sucked into Lillith on the cross, she says 'I am home' and then the words flash on screen 'Welcome home' (or sumtin to that effect)

so her soul is returning to where it belongs, that is how Lillith is completed and so on...

as for not containing genetic material, Tab said she doesn't contain genetic from Lillith, not that she doesn't contain genetic material at all... that would of course be dumb
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”