Evangelion Episode 23 Director's Cut proves the following...

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:24 am

Yes. The ultimate goal of all the angels is to be glowy! It explains everything! The cosmic order is collapsing..... Eva makes sense.....

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:06 pm

well almost anyways

thought it's true that all the angels are trying to get to adam and possibly lillith too, it's not because they want to glow
the fact that two of the angels (Arael/Armisael) already glowed proves this wrong
but it could be a DIFFERENT kind of glow... the kind that destroys humanity :D

.. well we know that what was going to happen in 2I didn't happen and that is what really happened in 3I, it's really just 2I to it's full potential, is it possible that what giant rei did was the SAME thing that Adam was doing all on his own (rei only did it cause she was completing lillith, adam was already complete)

if you think about the scenes of 2I, we see Adam's hands reaching out towards something like he's going to embrace it, Giant Rei does the same thing during EoE (3I) so maybe they glow that special glow when they are about to initiate mass absorption of souls... so that could explain Arael and Armisael both being able to enter the mind of an individual they encoutered

the shadowy angel could be an exception to this rule because it ALSO enters the mind of shinji... but it had to actually swallow shinji and unit 01 whole to do it, so the rule might still stand that glowing=absorption of souls

thoughts?
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:37 pm

It was a joke. Glowing generally just means you're generating a lot of energy (so much so that it extends into the visual spectrum).

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:12 pm

Daio Kaji wrote:(rei only did it cause she was completing lillith, adam was already complete)
Just had to comment.

Rei didn't "complete" Lilith, because Rei is merely made from Lilith. Rei is but a clone of Lilith. To suggest that Rei's merging with Lilith made Lilith complete makes no sense as there were many Rei's... all made from Lilith... as were the EVA units.

She would have had to get all of them to be "Complete" by that argument. Rei merely returned to Lilith.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:04 pm

UncleMilo wrote:
Daio Kaji wrote:(rei only did it cause she was completing lillith, adam was already complete)
Just had to comment.

Rei didn't "complete" Lilith, because Rei is merely made from Lilith. Rei is but a clone of Lilith. To suggest that Rei's merging with Lilith made Lilith complete makes no sense as there were many Rei's... all made from Lilith... as were the EVA units.

She would have had to get all of them to be "Complete" by that argument. Rei merely returned to Lilith.

-Uncle Milo
Most people beleive that Rei's soul is the soul of Lilith, as Kaworu's soul is the soul of Adam.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:25 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:Most people beleive that Rei's soul is the soul of Lilith, as Kaworu's soul is the soul of Adam.
No. Angels have no souls.

Kaworu had no soul, for he was an angel.

Rei is a clone made from Lilith and Yui. This makes her something other than an agel. I believe she is representational of the 6th Sephira, where the height of man touches the base of divinity. I could be mistaken about that, of course... but it seems to fit. However, since Gendo's desk is at the Crown, that might mean I'm wrong... but then again, I think Gendo's desk is placed more out of arrogance on his part.

-Uncle Milo
and those who don't.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:44 pm

UncleMilo wrote: No. Angels have no souls.
Then how do they project an AT field?

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:55 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
UncleMilo wrote: No. Angels have no souls.
Then how do they project an AT field?
Actually, Kaworu described the AT field as being the barrier of the soul. It is the human AT Field that allows us to be as we are... and not puddles of fluid. The instrumentality project turned humans into liquid matter by removing the AT Fields of men... but the human race was not a soul-less blob of liquid. The removal of the AT fields allowed our souls to merge and intermingle.

Just because an Angel has no Soul to protect with the barrier doesn't mean that it may not have an AT Field.

As far as I can tell, the EVAs have the ability to use AT Fields as a weapon as well because they are copies of Angels... and they too are without souls (except for Unit 01, but that's a special case).

-Uncle Milo
and those who don't.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:26 pm

yeah, about that 'completing lillith' stuff, i meant it just like Heartbreaker said it, Rei carrying the soul of Lillith to complete her in the end

but, lol, it'd be mad hilarious if they actually DID have to 'complete' Lillith
it'd be like a gotta-catch-em-all type of thing :lol:

at this point, i don't agree about Kaworu being the soul of Adam, but i do realize that he is a clone of adam like the evas are (except unit 01)
UncleMilo wrote:except for Unit 01, but that's a special case.

-Uncle Milo
good ol' unit 01, just has to be different, i think it just wants a hug :P
UncleMilo wrote:Rei is a clone made from Lilith and Yui. This makes her something other than an angel. I believe she is representational of the 6th Sephira, where the height of man touches the base of divinity. I could be mistaken about that, of course... but it seems to fit. However, since Gendo's desk is at the Crown, that might mean I'm wrong... but then again, I think Gendo's desk is placed more out of arrogance on his part.

-Uncle Milo
ditto, gendo's hogging the glory, so rei put him in his spot by ignoring him in his time of vulnerability :D
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:04 am

Milo, milo, milo... when will you learn to stop watching Eva under the influence of LSD?
UncleMilo wrote:Rei is made from Lilith. Rei is a clone of Lilith.
Provide evidence.
UncleMilo wrote:No. Angels have no souls. Kaworu had no soul
Provide evidence.
UncleMilo wrote:Rei is a clone made from Lilith and Yui.
Provide evidence that doesn't come from a mentally and emotionally unstable character.
UncleMilo wrote:and they too are without souls (except for Unit 01, but that's a special case).
Provide evidence.
Daio Kaji wrote:Kaworu... is a clone of adam like the evas are
Provide evidence.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”