Inu-Yasha Episodes 137-139

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:00 pm

madbunny wrote:
Yukina_Raven wrote:Methinks madbunny didn't see the movie. :wink:
Actually I did, it's a cool movie, but ultimately because it takes place during the course of the series it can't answer any real questions or take the characters in a direction that directly counters their development in the series right?

Personally I liked when Kikyo launched her tactical nuclear arrow into the battle at the lake. Is there anything she can't do?

BTW, nice sig. Does that mean you're really good at flaming people? :wink:
Hehehe...I was kiddin'. I had feeling you had seen it and were just being silly. :D Anyway, I LOVED the second movie! Yes, your right about it...but considering that huge romantic thing in the movie (you know what I mean. :wink: ) I think that can't really be said. That was a pretty big deal, and it certainly developes and changes the characters.

Hehehe...Kikyo. Don't get me started on her...too complicated. Don't hate her, but don't really like her either.

I don't flame people unless I gots a good reason. :twisted:

Oh yeah, to miryoku-teki: I agree! Inu-Yasha/Kagome all the way! Wheee! :D

miryoku-teki
Org Profile

Post by miryoku-teki » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:57 am

Yukina_Raven wrote: Oh yeah, to miryoku-teki: I agree! Inu-Yasha/Kagome all the way! Wheee! :D
yep! :lol:

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:10 pm

Hmmm...some proof that Inuyasha will NOT end wtih 150 episodes.

Ep.141
The Released Monstrous Horse, Entei
Tokihanatareta Youba Entei

Ep.142
Runaway Entei and Bloodcurdling Hakudoushi
Bousou Entei to Senritsu no Hakudoushi

Ep.143
3000 Leagues in Search of Father
Chichi wo Tazunete Sanzen-ri

Ep.144
Housenki and The Final Shard
Housenki to Saigo no Kakerai

Ep.145
The Bizarre Gate Keepers at The Boundary between This and The Next Worlds
Anoyo to no Sakai ni Iyouna Momban

Ep.146
The Rough Mistress of Birds, Princess Abi
Kishouarai Toritsukai Abi-Hime

Ep.147
A Fateful Love Song Before We Met (1)
Meguriau Mae no Ummei Renka (1)

Ep.148
A Fateful Love Song Before We Met (2)
Meguriau Mae no Ummei Renka (2)

Source: http://inuyasha-info.virtue.nu/

Episode 147-148 are filler episodes (called the 'Spring Speical' as oppose to the 'Winter Speical' about some woman in love with Sesshomaru. Don't know the episode numbers) So if those two are fillers, then the series must contuine! :D Although, this is gonna tottally drain my purse since I want to obtain the whole series. Only three episodes pure DVD and over 100 episodes? Ugh...

flora3535
Location: my own world but maybe i'll let you join the civilazation.
Org Profile

Post by flora3535 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:43 pm

Wow i feel like a loser i haven't seen any episodes that haven't been on TV and thats very sad i know. i want to buy the DVDs but my parents won't let me get them because the say that i have too much anime stuff as it is. i really don't think i have that much i only have a few pictures, 10 mangas and 1 dvd in my room. thats not any thing compared with any of my other anime friends that have like 72 mangas and like 40 DVDs. it makes me sad. i really want to get the inuyasha movies even though i think the dubing wil not be there but there will be subtitles. Oh i wish i could but at least the movies let alone have the whole inuyasha series. even if they did get up to 100 i would probally collect them all, well over time. i could actually use all of the money i own which is like $900 that i have been saving since i was 6 for things but i rather not. wow i wrote alot. anyway i can't wait till april 24 :D ! (incase people didn't know thats when new inuyasha episodes start on Adult Swim (AS) so yesh then) when i finish my story i will be gald to share it with any one that cares. i don't know how many that might be but o well. its about inuyahsa and its pretty good so far i think.
..............Meg.............
he who laughs last thinks slowest.

flora3535
Location: my own world but maybe i'll let you join the civilazation.
Org Profile

Post by flora3535 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:45 pm

am i even making sense in my last message? wow i should have reread it, oops. :roll:
..............Meg.............
he who laughs last thinks slowest.

Rhyevaln
Org Profile

Post by Rhyevaln » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:26 pm

Wow I feel like a loser I haven't seen any episodes that haven't been on TV and that's very sad I know. I want to buy the DVDs but my parents won't let me get them because the say that I have too much anime stuff as it is. I really don't think I have that much I only have a few pictures, 10 mangas and 1 dvd in my room. That’s not any thing compared with any of my other anime friends that have like 72 mangas and like 40 DVDs. it makes me sad. I really want to get the inuyasha movies even though I think the dubbing will not be there but there will be subtitles. Oh I wish I could but at least the movies let alone have the whole inuyasha series. Even if they did get up to 100 I would probably collect them all, well over time. I could actually use all of the money I own which is like $900 that I have been saving since I was 6 for things but I rather not. Wow I wrote a lot. Anyway I can't wait till April 24! (Incase people didn't know that's when new inuyasha episodes start on Adult Swim (AS) so yesh then) when I finish my story I will be glad to share it with any one that cares. I don't know how many that might be but o well. It’s about inuyahsa and it’s pretty good so far I think.
I think you made enough sense... :wink: 24th huh? Maybe it's a coincidence you used the personal pronoun 24 times in a 250 word paragraph containing 14 sentences. Thats almost 2 Is a sentence and an I to words ratio of about 1:10.

The animated Inyasha will not end anytime soon if the people who are making money off of it have anything to do about it. If they can still do filler episodes at 140+ I think they are in the clear at least for another 30 or 40 episodes. Either a lot can happen, or a little... I personally want it to get back on track and end. There is something to be learnt from the phrase "All good things must come to an end."

Seriously though? How is the re-watchability on a series 200 eps long? The average person only watches a movie (90-120 minutes) they really like 3 times a year. 12 & 13 episode series are good re-watchers (considering time) but 26 + just becomes difficult to do in pretty much any situation. Also, for people who like it, how are you going to force them to buy 150+ episodes worth of DVD's? (even if you put 10 eps on each DVD that's already 15 Volumes).
"Anything they make will be like sucking on your ass to get a taste of your favorite meal again." -LiveAction adapations of Anime |·| Why Yes, I am very opinionated. That's what makes this fun. :twisted:

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:08 am

Very good points, Ryhevaln! :D The only reason I wanna collect the whole series is to make AMVs with them... :lol:

Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:16 pm

My thing is that I'm not going to waste cash on the series itself (can we say fansubs) because I *might* rewatch it once. I'll try to buy the movies, but that's about it.

Good point about the market for Inu. That would be financially stupid to do--while I wouldn't be surprised if Takahashi finishes the manga in December, I think they're going to milk the anime for all it's worth. I have the ominous feeling that it is going to become what DBZ became on Cartoon Network, only for fangirls...
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:31 pm

Trident wrote:My thing is that I'm not going to waste cash on the series itself (can we say fansubs) because I *might* rewatch it once. I'll try to buy the movies, but that's about it.

Good point about the market for Inu. That would be financially stupid to do--while I wouldn't be surprised if Takahashi finishes the manga in December, I think they're going to milk the anime for all it's worth. I have the ominous feeling that it is going to become what DBZ became on Cartoon Network, only for fangirls...
Ha! Probably. But...can't complain! :lol: :lol: (is a fangirl)

Then again, I wouldn't want the series ruined by this. So, I actually hope they DON'T milk the anime for all it's worth and end it not too long after the manga ends.

Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:33 pm

Agreed--filler eps are okay (and sometimes they've actually been more interesting in terms of character development than what Takahashi herself has written). But once it's done, it should stay done--if Takahashi has Kagome move back to the modern world permanently in the manga, for example, then she'd better stay like that in the anime.

Anyone have any speculations as to how it's going to end? My thought is that she's going to have to choose between the two and she's going to choose the past (because, ironically, she has more of a future there). Though if this happens, due to an item which appears in ep 138 or so, she may or may not actually wind up with Inu in the end.

The other possibility is that she'll be magically transported back to the future where she'll meet and marry Inu Yasha's reincarnation, a la a certain other series which shall remain unnamed for spoiler purposes.
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”