X TV - Episode 17

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Re: X Movie/Series

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:39 pm

Lady_Phoenix wrote:Ok after reading all of these messages, it seems that u guys are all confuzed. So am i because i happen to have this small trailer of X/1999, and it links to the manga and the series and it completely has no realtion to the OVA/ so called Movie. there is an acutal movie but i dont know if it is here in the US.

Another thing, in the series, Kakyou did escape to see the death of Hokuto because he saw it in his dream. and that is how he is sleeping most of the time in the series. Its kinda the same incident as with princess and watshisname nephew of the wind guy.

And JHU Battousai what do u mean actual series, is there two or sumthing becuase i have both the movie, the series and a little trailer that links the manga to the series but not the OVA. :?
Ok, what little "Trailer"? I wanna see this. All the OVA is is a series "teaser". Its entitled Episode 0: An Omen. As a note of interest, when Kamui is "pinned" by Fuma (by now Dark Kamui) in episode 12, he is tied up by cabling. In episode 0 however, you see how it was in the manga - he is pinned to the slab by shards of glass through his body. I wonder why they changed that for episode 12 if it had already been established in episode 0.

If you think the OVA is the 100 minute movie that makes very little sense to someone new to the show, then you're wrong. That is X/1999. Its still based on the same manga, but its modified some parts of the story to make it fit a movie better. What the OVA is is a 25 minute "prequel" episode that began the series, to leave X TV with an odd number of episodes, 25.

The movie has little to no relevance or relation to manga whatsoever. In terms of comparison, it sucks. Still an ok movie to watch though.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: X Movie/Series

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:33 pm

There have been exactly nine X DVDs released in the US, fifteen in Japan, and I have no idea about other countries.

In Japan:
1 Movie (BCBA-0808, released 5/25/2001) Source, last on the page
1 OVA (BCBA-0911, released 8/25/2001) Source
12 TV Series (BCBA-1066 - 1073, BCBA-1192 - 1195, released between 2/25/2002 and 1/25/2003) Source
1 Music Video; Often called Double X, X^2, or X2 (Part of SVZB-7032, released 3/26/2003) Source

In the US:
1 Movie (Manga Entertainment, MANGA4046-2 WR01, released 9/25/2001 as X, often called X/1999) Source
8 TV Series; Disk 1 includes the OVA as "Episode 0: An Omen" (Pioneer Entertainment #11824-11831, released between 9/24/2002 and 11/25/2003) Source
Lady_Phoenix wrote:And JHU Battousai what do u mean actual series, is there two or sumthing becuase i have both the movie, the series and a little trailer that links the manga to the series but not the OVA. :?
By actual series, I meant the 24 episodes broadcast on TV. The scene I was referring to did not appear during those episodes, but during the "Episode 0: An Omen," which was the OVA release in Japan.

(Please forgive me if this message sounds bitchy; it was a long and trying day at work today)

Lady_Phoenix
Org Profile

Little Trailer

Post by Lady_Phoenix » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:16 pm

THis little trailer i found waz a long time ago and i forgot where i got it so i dont know how im gunna show it to you guys. . yah It kinda looks like an animated version of the manga.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Re: Little Trailer

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:19 pm

Lady_Phoenix wrote:THis little trailer i found waz a long time ago and i forgot where i got it so i dont know how im gunna show it to you guys. . yah It kinda looks like an animated version of the manga.
You know what? I think you just saw one of CLAMP's music videos called X^2.
ImageImage

Lady_Phoenix
Org Profile

Music Video

Post by Lady_Phoenix » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:56 pm

It's a music video? IT's in japanese and i have no idea what the heck the singer is saying but its called X_Japan_X-1999_-_X-Video.mpg. and the singer is a guy and that's all i noe about it but i think there's an actual movie. Im just making guesses cuz i have practically everything X/1999 realated

Lady_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by Lady_Phoenix » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:05 pm

sorry about the double posting but here;s a pic of hinoto from the "music video" i have i think that is what it is. here's the link

<a href="http://www.lunaeterna.net/popcult/hinoto.jpg">CLick Here</a>

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Music Video

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:44 pm

Lady_Phoenix wrote:It's a music video? IT's in japanese and i have no idea what the heck the singer is saying but its called X_Japan_X-1999_-_X-Video.mpg. and the singer is a guy and that's all i noe about it but i think there's an actual movie. Im just making guesses cuz i have practically everything X/1999 realated
Okay, that's definitely the X2 Music Video. The song is called "X" and is sung by a group called X Japan, a popular J-Rock group.

Lady_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by Lady_Phoenix » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:32 pm

ok i have been proven wrong sorry about the false ness i have put in n e ones minds :oops:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”