Millenium Actress

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
njijin
Location: in a city that starts with z and has a brige that is a y.
Org Profile

Post by njijin » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:03 pm

I checked that anime out it's a good story and I loved it when the cast got into the storys.
Only time I say no is if someone asks if I've had enough.

HungryCrackPot
Spammer Time
Org Profile

Post by HungryCrackPot » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:19 pm

I doesn't get nearly as much acclaim as it should.
ImageImageImageImageImage

tagarth
Org Profile

Post by tagarth » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:05 pm

Propyro wrote:I saw Millenium Actress at my colleges Anime club, i thought it was great, another Myiazaki film i have to buy ...

[/|\]
Just because it's a master piece, doesen't mean it was done by Myiazaki. satoshi kon is nothing short of amazing!
Captain of the Gundam Tactics
Keeper of the Golden Throwing Sporks

JustinCredible
Org Profile

Post by JustinCredible » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:57 pm

Indeed!
Actually, I enjoy Millienium much more then Spirited Away. Another interesting tidbit... both Millenium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers are eligable for Oscar Animated film contention. If Millenium is the benchmark... either that or Godfathers should win... Nemo shouldn't even enter the picture.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:48 am

Blast! I have yet to be able to see Millenium Actress! I guess I'll have to go over to my friend's house, hit him over the head with a baseball bat, and take it! MWA HA HA HA! Or not. I'll have to borrow it though, especially with how good everyone is saying it is.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:15 pm

Well, I finally got to see Millenium Actress. And, well, wow. I was blown away. To me this is one of the best films ever created. It was, to put it simply, quite amazing. Everyone needs to see this film. It's just, spectacular. I really just can't say enough about it. So, if you have yet to see it, try to watch it ASAP!

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:25 pm

im still trying to find a way to see Tokyo Godfathers :?
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

JustinCredible
Org Profile

Post by JustinCredible » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:38 pm

TallonKarrde23 wrote:im still trying to find a way to see Tokyo Godfathers :?
Its disgraceful that a screening in a major market like Toronto hasn't happened yet!

Innotech
Org Profile

Post by Innotech » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:06 pm

ah yes millenium actress. My favorite anime movie ever.

I bought this the day (and I mean pretty much the precise second) it came out in my local suncoast video. They opened the box and I was there just to get a preordered copy of the movie. I didnt know what I was getting, I just knew the story intrigued me and that Perfect blue was amazing. So when I fired up the DVD and watched the movie, to say I was happy with the purchase is an understatement. The movie had me gaping in awe at how fucking awesome it could be with such a simple animation and scope, but a damned good and well planned out story. It is alove story, but the way Satoshi manipulated Chiyoks past and present and movies together into one was simply a work of pure art. In short, damn right this is a masterpiece, and Satoshi Kon earned a spot up there with Miyazaki IMO.
Anime owns you

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:11 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
TallonKarrde23 wrote:im still trying to find a way to see Tokyo Godfathers :?
Its disgraceful that a screening in a major market like Toronto hasn't happened yet!
more like : its disgraceful that a screening in a major market like THE SECOND BIGGEST CITY IN THE USA hasnt happened yet.

though i think one did....but i didnt get to go :cry:
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”