Millenium Actress

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Millenium Actress

Postby HungryCrackPot » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:31 am

Well, funny enough, I said that anime has not yet displayed been able to display strong emotion. Now I have to take that back.
This movie was simply amazing. An INCREDIBLE display of emotion, animation, and artistic beauty. VoaDS is shit. This is not. This is easily one of the greatest animes (and movies) I have ever seen.
Shut the fuck up.
ImageImageImageImageImage
HungryCrackPot
Spammer Time

Postby Jnzk » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:55 am

I just bought it too, and it's definitely the best anime movie I've seen. I really didn't expect it to be that good, it even made me cry near the end. :cry: :oops:
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby angelx03 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:56 am

Is it true the movie is only subtitled?
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Jnzk » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:18 pm

Yes, it has only Japanese audio. Why do we need dubs anyway? :wink:
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby ryuu_hime13 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:22 pm

I was wondering if it was worth seeing...I guess I'll have to check it out now.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa
ryuu_hime13

Postby Trident » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:53 pm

*doublechecks Newtype* The guy who did it just came out with a new movie called Tokyo Godfathers... I'm excited to see that one.
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon
Trident

Postby DJ_Izumi » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:33 pm

I still liked his previous film 'Perfect Blue' better.
DJ_Izumi

Postby tagarth » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Yes, that movie rocked hard, I use it to "Influence" peoples opinunes of anime. I showed it to my family, and now they all love it. I showed it to a couple friends who hate anime, and they thought it was the best movie they had ever seen. If you haven't seen it, do so. Mind you, if you are more for action and violence, watch perfect blue, both are amazing.
Captain of the Gundam Tactics
Keeper of the Golden Throwing Sporks
tagarth

Postby DJ_Izumi » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:38 pm

I didn't watch Perfect Blue for action or violence. :\ I enjoyed it because it was REALLY well played out. You the viewer actually becomes as confused as to what is reality and what is not as, much as Mima herself.
DJ_Izumi

Postby Tom the Fish » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:31 pm

Tokyo Godfather is a masterpiece. Millenium Actress is a masterpiece. Perfect Blue is pretty damn good. God bless you, Satoshi Kon.

Best animated features I've seen outside of Studio Ghibli, and better than three or four of them as well...

Tom
Tom the Fish

Postby ryuu_hime13 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:23 pm

Trident wrote:*doublechecks Newtype* The guy who did it just came out with a new movie called Tokyo Godfathers... I'm excited to see that one.

I'm curious about that one too. It seems interesting.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa
ryuu_hime13

Millenium Acctress

Postby Crazy Otaku » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:14 pm

The first time i saw millienium actress was at a friends house at 3 in the morning. I was extremely confused and didin't enjoy it at all. Than about a week later I decided to give it another chance, and I must Say, IT WAS A MASTERPIECE! A true classic that everybody has to see!!! I am yet to see Perfect blue, but believe me the second I get a chance to see it I will. I am also looking forward to Tokyo Godfathers. To all that hasn't seen millienium actress, do yourself a favor and see it soon!!

Crazy Otaku
Crazy Otaku

Postby Propyro » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:34 pm

I saw Millenium Actress at my colleges Anime club, i thought it was great, another Myiazaki film i have to buy ...

[/|\]
Propyro

Postby J-0080 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:39 pm

Again propyro....it isn't a Miazaki film....man, how many times must I correct you on stuff?
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
:lol:
J-0080

Postby Propyro » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:42 pm

first time you've corrected me on it ... i could have sworn it was done by him. Meh ... whatever ... it's still good, and so is Myiazaki.

[/|\]
Propyro

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion