Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 14

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
rubyeye
Org Profile

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 14

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:56 am

Don't know anybody here who's watching it (since I haven't seen anyone mention it), but I was not happy with the ending...or rather its poorly rushed execution.
ending spoiler wrote:They follow through with Mitsuki's ending but omit "The Storybook" sequence where she read's Haruka's book to her son!? So much for the emotional payoff :roll:

All in all it could have been handled better and certain things could have been explained (like what really happened to Amakawa). Plus that bad editing with the split screens was really annoying and distracting, not to mention totally out of place.

But I suppose it "cleans" up everyone's screwed up life in a nice "happy", fairy-tale like fashion.
Now if they can just get the game licensed........*sweet*

Anlushac11
Org Profile

Post by Anlushac11 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:43 am

8)

I have never seen the game so I can only go off the anime.
Kiminozo ending spoilers wrote:
I was expecting a scene of Mitsuki and Takayuki in their new house or with a kid, I was suprised when they didnt show a scene like that.

And I didnt have any problems with the split screen. They handled it alot better than some I've seen.

I thought the ending was almost perfect. I couldnt have wished for a better ending. Everyone is happy. Haruka got to write her childrens books, Akane got to be a famous swimmer, Takayuki and Mitsuki got back together.

I was almost shocked that Takayuki grew a pair and told it straight and made his choice. And I was equally suprised at how gracefully Haruka accepted it, but its not like she was blind sided.

Haruka knew Mitsuki really well even if she hadnt seen her best friend for what to her seemed like a few days. She could tell that Mitsuki was deeply in love with Takayuki and was hurting badly.

and when Takayuki told her he was in love with Mitsuki and was also hurting she knew then she was powerless to stop them.

At that point I think she realized that too much time had passed for her to try and play catch up from being gone from Takayuki's life for 3 years.

When Akane was reading Haruka's new book I got the impression that she hopes one day all of them can be friends again.
possible spoilers for Kanon, Tsukihime, and Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito wrote:
I didnt cry over the ending like I thought I would. Kanon had me crying like a baby, Shingetsutan Tsukihime had me crying over Arcueid at the end, and Yami to Boushi to hon no Tabibi had me choked up but disappointed.
This had me all choked up and misty eyed but very happy overall with how it ended.

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:07 pm

Overall I liked it. I'm a sucker for happy endings so seeing it here made me happy.
I was glad that Takayuki got back together with Mitsuki. I was hoping for it. I liked Mitsuki and even though I didn't like Takayuki I wanted to see everything go right for my favorite character in the end. And it did. Yay!
Anyway I dunno about all that explanation that they left out since I've never played the game/read the manga/whatever, so I'm judging strictly off the anime, and the way it ended was perfect for me.

:up: :up:

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:35 pm

I really enjoyed it though haven't read the manga or played the game or whatever. I think it was still very emotionally powerfull series. Didn't really think it was that rushed at all personally.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

thatguy800
Org Profile

Post by thatguy800 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:49 am

I haven't played the game so I can't comment on what was left out of the show. Spoilers ahead...I hope it's white text when it's all said and done...
spoilers wrote:It may have been a plus to show a scene with mitsuki reading haruka's book to her child as you say. However, the scene with takayuki and mitsuki under the tree ends with them making a fresh start, as does the short scene with mitsuki's coworker with divorce papers. Also the restaurant has new employees and haruka has recovered. Haruka and here sister are given the closure at the end because they had already decided what they were going to do and had not strayed from that path. Too much closure can be, eh...maybe the scene they took out would have made it better, but as it stands I love it.

Any idea whether a sequel game will result in a sequel anime?

[Spoiler quote added.]

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:53 am

I thought the ending was satisfying and had a good enough closure. I don't think a sequel is necessary or else it'll become a really drawn out soap opera.
ImageImage

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:07 am

angelx03 wrote:I thought the ending was satisfying and had a good enough closure. I don't think a sequel is necessary or else it'll become a really drawn out soap opera.
x2. A sequel would be lame in this case.

thatguy800
Org Profile

Post by thatguy800 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:05 pm

Alucard_FoN wrote:
angelx03 wrote:I thought the ending was satisfying and had a good enough closure. I don't think a sequel is necessary or else it'll become a really drawn out soap opera.
x2. A sequel would be lame in this case.
Ok let me rephrase that. I did not mean a sequel so much as another show of similar quality based on the next game of the series (same world but for the most part different characters, and years or decades later or whenever the next game is set). Basically I'm saying that I really want to see another KGNE-level series with a fresh story. And it would seem that I have led this thread to a tangent that has little to do with the last episode of KGNE.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”