World Trigger

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

World Trigger

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 pm

ANN wrote:A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Re: World Trigger

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:23 pm

this is going really great! I just want to watch more...

I have no idea, but why the hell does the opening come in the middle of the episode instead of the beginning. I keep thinking the episode is over because of this.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:59 am

This is quite a fun show, not quite as good as the seven deadly sins but still definitely one I want to keep watching. Been catching up on the series I passed on when the season started and am finding a couple hidden gems that I missed.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm

I love this series, it just hits all the right notes for me.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:59 am

Spoiler :
I cannot wait to see the face off between Tamokoma 2 and the A/b ranks haha!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:29 pm

What I love best about this series:
- It's such a big departure from all the other action series I've seen over the last 5 years in terms of tone and style. It's not trying to be edgy or dark in the way that everyone seems to be clamoring for. It exists on its own terms and that's more than I can say for most of what I've watched lately.
- The lack of deep character development (so far) is made up for by a very balanced core cast. The huge supporting cast is probably never going to be fleshed out into any deep detail, but I'm okay with that. I'm done with shows that string along viewers with extensive backstories of supporting characters, only to dump them out of the story altogether once we become attached to them or start to care. The minor characters are all given distinct personalities and are charismatic enough to enjoy watching, and that's all I need at this point.
- The "simple" art style is an artistic choice, it's not a shortcoming unless you think every series should look like Guilty Crown or Attack on Titan and is garbage if it doesn't. I love the character design, maybe because I haven't seen anything like it in a while, who knows. The animation is everything that it needs to be. The openings are not mindblowing like we've come to expect from everything but who cares (the first half of this doesn't bode well for what you're about to watch but the 2nd half is everything that I love most about anime OPs, originality be damned, obviously this is all beside the point and has nothing to do with the rest of the show).
- Watch a scene like this (from episode 8, I think) and pay attention to the choreography, the movement of the characters, the cause-and-effect of what's going on. It's actually a lot more well-done than most shonen fighting stuff I've watched. Despite the superhuman abilities and powers of all these characters and the fact that they're moving blindly fast and leaping several stories into the air, you always know where everyone is and what they're doing and why they're doing it. I never get the sense that they're just making it up as they go along (not going to name names here but maybe you know a couple of series like that).
- Or watch that whole scene from the beginning because I really think it does a great job of establishing tension and conflict between the characters. Maybe it's tempting to complain about it for going on as long as it does, but I don't think they're simply padding the scene out or killing time. I'm not so impatient that I can't sit through characters exchanging a few words before a fight begins. These scenes play out with a purpose and (so far) haven't existed simply to hammer home platitude-laden messages or anything quite so cliched.

Just a few thoughts, not meant to be any kind of vital critique and I know it doesn't even come close. A very good show to watch when you're having breakfast, I guess.

methedemon
Org Profile

Post by methedemon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:34 pm

This is really good.
PLAN B

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:37 am

The manga of this is really great and even both watching & reading I still don't know half of the character's names (There are just too many xD)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:08 pm

Looks like I was really into this when it first came out!

The first 20-30 episodes of this were great but episodes after that really dragged their feet, especially the last 1/3 of the entire thing, which was probably filler. If it wasn't, oh dear...

After giving it so much of my time, having chibi versions of the characters send off the viewers with a "we're done for now, thanks for watching!" was so disappointing and kind of insulting tbh. I have no plans to watch any of the new season. Enjoy it in my place.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:30 pm

seasons wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:08 pm
Looks like I was really into this when it first came out!

The first 20-30 episodes of this were great but episodes after that really dragged their feet, especially the last 1/3 of the entire thing, which was probably filler. If it wasn't, oh dear...

After giving it so much of my time, having chibi versions of the characters send off the viewers with a "we're done for now, thanks for watching!" was so disappointing and kind of insulting tbh. I have no plans to watch any of the new season. Enjoy it in my place.
I really enjoyed season 1, but the first episode of season 2 had so many characters and plot points to remember that I dropped it and don't really intend to pick it back up. If the seasons didn't have such a massive ap, I'm pretty sure I would have stayed a die-hard fan of it though.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”