Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 am

Wikipedia wrote:High school student Sakura Chiyo has a crush on schoolmate Nozaki Umetarou, but when she confesses her love to him, he mistakes her for a fan and gives her an autograph. When she says that she always wants to be with him, he invites her to his house, but has her help on some drawings. Chiyo discovers that Umetarou is actually a renowned shoujo manga artist named Yumeno Sakiko, and agrees to be his assistant. As they work on his manga Let's Love, they encounter other schoolmates who assist them or serve as inspirations for characters in the stories.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 am

I actually consider this one to be my competitor for top series of this season, next to Aldnoah Zero. It's a shoujo manga series that makes fun of all the stereotypes of shoujo mangas. Even if you absolutely hate romance series I still recommend this for the comedy factor, they do a really good job with the characters and how they destroy all the typical stereotypes you would expect to see in a series like this. Got quite a few laughs from me and I'm looking forward to the next ep.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:30 pm

please tell me I'm not the only one watching this, ep 5 had me cracking up so much as Nozaki was role playing as his female manga character.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:25 am

This is my favorite this Season so far.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:17 pm

My favourite too. Like Azumanga Daioh or Watamote, this is an adaptation where the 4-koma pacing of the source material works really well. Now that the character introductions are mostly over and done with, it looks like it will continue improving; ep05 was the best yet.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Watamote isn't a 4-koma, however its spin-off is.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:51 am

Waka x Lelorelei is now the best couple in the series, insensitive girl with completely submissive boy is awesome. I love how Waka keeps trying to show her how angry he is and ends up giving her presents instead heh

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:02 pm

This is really hilarious

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Heh, poor Sakura, she keeps telling herself not to get her hopes up but she still does and then gets squashed each time, Nozaki only has manga on the brain. I also love how Mikorin is the closet otaku trying so hard to be cool, but always ends up putting his foot in his mouth

Ironically I actually wish some romance actually came up, but since this is based on a 4 panel manga that probably wont happen

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 am

Now it's my 2nd Favorite, after Sabagebu!. But still it's so hilarious and refreshing - finally school comedy done right.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”