Akame ga Kill!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Akame ga Kill!

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:41 am

Wikipedia wrote:Tatsumi is a fighter who sets off to the Capital in search of a way to make money to assist his poverty-stricken village. After falling victim to a robbery by a woman and losing all his money, Tatsumi is taken in by a noble aristocratic girl by the name of Aria. In the following night, Aria's place is attacked by a group of assassins known as Night Raid. While Tatsumi at first tries to defend Aria from the assassin Akame, another member of the group stops the fight. She reveals that Aria has kidnapped several villagers and tortures them for fun. Shocked upon seeing the tortured villagers — including his two best friends, Tatsumi kills Aria.

Seeing potential in Tatsumi, Night Raid invites the boy to their group warning that regardless of how they want to assassinate corrupted people, they are murderers. Tatsumi accepts in order to become stronger and protect his village. In their fight against the Empire, Night Raid starts antagonizing an organization known as The Jaegars led by Esdeath, the most powerful fighter in the Empire. As both Night Raid and Jaegars suffer losses, the Empire forms a new secret police force, the Wild Hunt, with the son of the Prime Minister, Shura, as its leader, to bolster its law reinforcements. However, Wild Hunt heavily abuses its new authority by killing innocent civilians for fun.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Akame ga Kill!

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 am

So, episode one kind of throws you for a loop. starts out kind of like a generic shonen manga and then suddenly people are being eviscerated, blood is flying everywhere and people are being tortured. big wtf moments like that. And then it goes right back to being lighthearted and silly.

That said I'm actually kind of enjoying it, gotta see how it pans out but so far so good.

Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Post by Changelling » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:40 am

this series is kind of a deconstruction for the shounen genre, it starts just like every other, but soon it shall reach points that will define the entire show

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 am

Enjoying everything about this anime! White Fox did not disappoint. This show solidified the fact that I'll be checking out every new anime from this studio.

Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Post by Changelling » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Daaaaaa!! Latest ep was so powerful!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:03 pm

a very interesting anime and the latest episode was pretty sad

Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Post by Changelling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm

I wonder how much effort was thrown into drawing Esdese's boobs :awesome:

Ardamaeus
Shut-in Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Ardamaeus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 am

I almost thought the first episode was boring until the twist was revealed XD. I wasn't familiar with the manga before diving in, so that made the impact much better.
Spoiler :
People seem to be dying left and right, though?
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:30 pm

well, it's over, and with a pretty depressing ending

fortunately, I just checked and it deviates from the manga around ep 17 or 18 so I I'll be checking the manga out after it later on

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 pm

the anime had such a shitty ending, I how the manga does not turn out like that.
Jasta85 wrote:fortunately, I just checked and it deviates from the manga around ep 17 or 18 so I I'll be checking the manga out after it later on
Actually no, the anime pulled a lot of shit and killed people who were not supposed to be killed, well "yet" that is. The anime also skipped a lot so you should probably start reading at the chapter of Kill the three", which is chapter 12.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”