Tokyo Ghoul

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Tokyo Ghoul

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:33 am

ANN wrote:Tokyo is haunted by mysterious ghouls who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like he is, at the café he frequents. Little does Kaneki realize that his fate will change overnight.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Tokyo Ghoul

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:03 am

This show is pretty depressing overall. It's like an experiment to see how much you can make a person's life suck. I don't really like the main character all that much, he's overly fixated on trying to live a normal life when he really needs to accept what he is and adapt.

That said, I'm still watching it, animation is quite good if nothing else. Just hoping the main character eventually awakens some badass powers.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 pm

Great show. Though the censoring (which has been said time and time again online) is reeeeeeeally annoying. They don't even try to be discreet or creative with it.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:02 pm

I like how things picked up in ep 5, more character development and now the characters are definitely becoming more likable. looking forward to the showdown next week

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:03 pm

It has a really good interest in this anime

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:08 am

This was actually pretty good. Alot better than I was expecting. Definitely looking forward to the second season.
Under Construction

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:54 am

People disappointed in Tokyo Ghoul: Root A's opening? Well that's because they do not understand it. I actually read the manga and like the fact that it shows Kaneki's inner self and it's actually quite sad if you know the lyrics.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”