No Game No Life

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
purplepolecat
Org Profile

Re: No Game No Life

Post by purplepolecat » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:22 pm

I loved the Light Yagami-level deviousness of Sora's game strategies. The loli fanservice made me cringe, but I kept watching for the games, and ended up finishing the series in 2 sittings. I'll watch season 2, but I'm reluctant to recommend it to friends because of the imouto stuff.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 am

2nd Season plz. I loved this show, everything. The only disappointment ist that she's not his real sister, which makes it a love triangle :(
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Spaintakula
Org Profile

Post by Spaintakula » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 pm

There's obv no sisters in animu, thought you realised that by now :P
But yeah, i actually started watching this just a week ago, halfway done, haven't been watching much from the summer cycle, and i've been really liking it so far. Kinda thought it was gonna be a kawaii version of Btooom, judging from the desc, but i'm always wrong predicting anime plot :3 ...

Ardamaeus
Shut-in Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Ardamaeus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 am

Despite there being ecchi, I enjoyed No Game No Life quite a bit. Gave it an 8/10 on MAL x3.
Spoiler :
Empty-headed academic, wow.
It had bright animation and atmosphere and clever writing, and it's a self-insert I enjoyed immensely ;3.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

eternalIkuto10
Org Profile

Post by eternalIkuto10 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Started off loving No Game, No Life. Watched the first 4 episodes Subbed. (I had to watch the first 4 episodes to get caught up with my nephew and brother in law) then they were like, "Come on over and finish the rest of the series with us." So I was like, "Alright! This is gonna be fun!" Right? . . . Wrong. We had to watch the remaining episodes in English Dub. If I could have gnawed my leg off just to escape the pain and torture of it all, I would have. Needless to say, the English Dub for No Game, No Life is CRAP. So much crap, that it actually turned me off the series.
Usagi jumps in, gleefully, "Yes, Mina-Chan! That's true. Maybe if we continue to remain positive, even in this blackness that's filling the sky and air, we can draw the evil enemies out from their wretched hole."

Ami follows up, "Indeed, light dis-spells darkness, just as love overcomes hate."

Rei interrupts, "Shouldn't that be my line?"

Ami sweat drops, then continues, "The truth is, we just have to remain positive."

^A section from one of my Sailor Moon Fanfictions.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”