Noragami

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Noragami

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:43 am

AniDB wrote:The world consists of two parts: the near shore and far shore. The near shore is the place where people reside while the far shore is the place for deities and ayakashi, which are emotional fragments which can posses humans and cause trouble, so its a deity's responsibility to remove those ayakashi from the near shore with the help of weapons called Shinki, which are made from the spirits of dead people.
Yato is a minor deity of war who doesn't even have a shrine. Together with his shinki, Tomone, he runs a Delivery wish granting service which he grants wishes for only 5 yen. After the quit of his shinki, he decides to run simple errands which don't evolve around ayakashi-related matters. While on a mission to find a lost kitty, he is nearly hit by a bus but is saved by a girl named Hyori. Hyori dies for a moment but then comes back to life. This, however, causes Hyouri's soul to become unstable and leaving her body very often. So by offering 5 yen, she asks Yato to fix her body...but Yato is a useless person without a Shinki, so Hyori chases him on his journey to find a Shinki and being able to return to normal. But behind Yato's kind hearted face lies a twisted past...

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Noragami

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 am

Definitely enjoying this series, I love it when Hyouri goes into cat mode when she panics. Not a whole lot of actual plot but I'm liking the episodes so far

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:30 am

I really love the characters in this anime so far; even the side characters are really fun and interesting. I also like how the anime is able to keep the fun feeling it has while introducing some deeper and more serious undertones.

KeiichiFace
Org Profile

Post by KeiichiFace » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:42 pm

I'm only on episode 4 (I think?) so far, but I'm really liking that Yuki kid...and his weird connection to cats.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm at episode 3 but seems an enjoying series. I just started to watch it because along with Space Dandy, it's BONES Studio's stuff

KeiichiFace
Org Profile

Post by KeiichiFace » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:31 pm

It gets really good! I'm totally diggin' it!

That Yukine~ What a cutie. And...a pervert. Whoops.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”