Kimi no Iru Machi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Kimi no Iru Machi

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 am

AniDB wrote:In spring Eba Yuzuki decided to attend a high school in the countryside. When the city girl started to freeload at Kirishima Haruto's house, he was quite irritated at first, but over the course of summer into winter they shared a wonderful time and became ever so close. Then Yuzuki had to return to Tokyo, even though Haruto begged her to stay.

Some time later, Haruto is on a class excursion to Tokyo. Finally he will be able to meet Yuzuki again, and give her a special present. But the timing fails and they miss their rendezvous. Instead classmate Kanzaki Nanami — Haruto had previously confessed to her but was turned down — shows up and asks him to be her boyfriend... in a way.
Note that this description is for the OAD. The TV Series skips a huge chunk of the manga and actually starts after many events already took place.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: Kimi no Iru Machi

Post by ibabrak » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:51 am

Man, was I worried about Gonzo animating this! At first I didn't really like the animation, but then I started to actually like it. I feel like it's way better and more true to the manga compared to the OVA (Also I feel that if we're gonna get a kiss scene it's not gonna be as creepy as the one in the OVA :uhoh: ). I like the fact that they kept the voice actors from the OVA even though I never really saw Haruto's voice actor to be fitting, but that is just my biased opinion. Voice actors for Kazama and Asuka seem very fitting as well. I am really happy that they didn't go with the design for Rin that was used in the OVA and her voice actress way of speaking isn't as creepy as it was in the OVA, which is good imo. Makes her character much more likable.

They flew through about the first 10 chapters of the manga in the second episode, which is to be expected since this series is focusing on the time when Haruto came to Tokyo. I'm just really sad that 1.) The scene at 8 minutes in - that was a bicycle scene, goddamnit! :D and 2.) The very last scene - that is actually a bicycle scene but they covered the scene with a shittone of text... edit with that :uhoh:

On the bright side, it looks like we are gonna get some Nagoshi scenes, Nagoshi moments are the best :D I hope they do justice to her inner monologues.
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Is this starting mid-way through the manga or something?

TBH, other than some alright animation here and there, I found this to be relatively lame so far >__>
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Otohiko wrote:Is this starting mid-way through the manga or something?

TBH, other than some alright animation here and there, I found this to be relatively lame so far >__>
i haven't seen the anime after the disaster of OVAs, but yes the anime starts halfway into the manga. and it's the worst arc too xD
ImageImage

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Seriously, it's bad. I thought it could be a good idea to wait the anime, but now i watched the 2 first episodes i think i'll just try to read the manga.

The voice acting is poor, and anyway the plot itself is really lame. I expect some good plot-twist though.
Art is ok, but weird animation.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:Art is ok, but weird animation.
I agree with this. I watched the first episode and there are a lot of parts where it's literally just the mouth moving really fast. I don't know if this happens as much in other anime I watch but it was extremely noticeable in this one. They really went crazy with the contrast and saturation too, some scenes were really bright or super dull.

I'll still give this a few more eps because I'm a sucker for romance series, but it's not looking good right now.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:44 am

You see problem with the show is basically the fact that you need a lot of that happened before. This way the MC just pretty much looks like a stalker.
Kimberly wrote: but yes the anime starts halfway into the manga. and it's the worst arc too xD
I partially agree. When I was reading this arc I was like... why, oh god why! :x I actually think that the manga should've just ended with this arc and be done with it. Recent manga chapters are just pointless. I do enjoy reading it but it isn't what it used to be.
ImageImage

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:10 am

Okay, I was trying to be nice and understanding with this show. Since it's Gonzo production there were expected to be some flaws, but are they seriously gonna fuck up every good scene? :(
ImageImage

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 am

ibabrak wrote:Okay, I was trying to be nice and understanding with this show. Since it's Gonzo production there were expected to be some flaws, but are they seriously gonna fuck up every good scene? :(
lmao martin if it's as bad as you say it is, i'm not going to even bother watching this.
ImageImage

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Let's just create bunch of our own scenes. 'Cause fucking up the good ones from the manga or adding stuff into people's dialogues just isn't enough. :shark:
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”