Danganronpa The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Danganronpa The Animation

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:13 am

MangaUpdates wrote:A group of 15 elite high-school students are gathered at a very special, high-class high school. To graduate from this high school essentially means you'll succeed in life, but graduating is very difficult. The school is presided over by a bear called Monokuma, and he explains to them that their graduation hinges around committing a murder. The only way to graduate is to kill one of your classmates and get away with it. If the other classmates discover the identity of the killer, the killer is the only one executed. However, if they fail to catch the killer, only the killer graduates and the others are annihilated. Which of the 15 will survive the bloodbath to come?

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Danganronpa The Animation

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Loving the show so far and character design. Definitely gonna get the game when it comes stateside.
Under Construction

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:09 pm

This is pretty freaking insane.

Pretty enjoyable, for being so over the top, although more than anything it's definitely got me interested in the games.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Watching this show is a double edged sword... I'm really interested in the game now, but playing it seems pointless when I'll have all the answers spelled out for me via anime by the time it comes stateside. Can't stop watching though!

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 pm

From what I hear, so far they left out quite a bit from the game, possibly due to time constraints or something. So I guess it would be like knowing your destination, but not the journey.
Under Construction

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 am

AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO. God that was annoying >___>

This show is so freaking over the top, it's gets pretty weird at times for me. But god if that punishment scene wasn't the coolest animation I've seen in a while. :up: :up: :up:

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Probably my fav this season.
I heard it's pretty faithul to the game, so i'm also very interested by it now.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:41 am

I guessed who was gonna die next fairly accurately. Now let's see if my thoughts on the culprit had anything to them >__>

In the first murder case, I was pretty accurate in guessing what'd happen. Well, not who the real killer was (wasn't a lot of clues to that), but as far as what happened to
Spoiler :
Maizono. From her reaction at the end of ep1, I bet that she was gonna be either the first to die, or the first to try and kill someone - turned out I was right about both!

at least

No such thing as a slow episode in this one so far...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:56 pm

And just like that we're heading straight into another trial huh? Seems like this will be a fast paced show, but I'm not complaining!

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

finished ep 3 just now and am enjoying it, although I don't feel there's been really any character development. the main character is the stereotypical "I wan't to save everyone" character and everyone else are extreme character stereotypes.

anyway, looking forward to the next ep, and I hope they actually find out who is behind the bear and kill the guy, although I doubt that will happen.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”