Danganronpa The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: Danganronpa The Animation

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 am

Feel like it would have been good if this series was a little longer, it's hard to get attached to anyone before they die. Even the bromance just kinda happened before one of them died right after. Enjoying it, it's freaking zany and I have to admit it's fun to see the execution cutscenes, but I imagine the game is probably better.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 am

I'd agree with Hangaren there. I really wish this could've been longer than 13eps, so far I'm missing a lot of character development and key leads that the games has ( cleared the game 2 weeks ago ) They're really trying hard to get everything into one episode, it works but I just feel is a bit rushed and missing out a lot of good moments from the game.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Awww, I think this is the first character I feel sad for seeing her go. She was clever :cry:

While everyone else is dicking around with murders, Kirigiri's out there figuring out the end-game like a boss. Though I wonder what pair is gonna die next.
Spoiler :
My first guess would be the other girl getting murdered by the mole trap, but I have feeling that they're gonna throw a curve ball and off the glasses guy somehow. He seems like an important character but not at the same time. That might just be me.

KiddTheManiac
Org Profile

Post by KiddTheManiac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Niwa wrote:I'd agree with Hangaren there. I really wish this could've been longer than 13eps, so far I'm missing a lot of character development and key leads that the games has ( cleared the game 2 weeks ago ) They're really trying hard to get everything into one episode, it works but I just feel is a bit rushed and missing out a lot of good moments from the game.
Agreed. Pretentious as it sounds, it hits you harder in your gut to see someone die after having had all those little interactions with 'em.

I'd also like to add that some of the game mechanics they've put into the anime (EVIDENCE FOUND! etc) kinda frustrate me, because in a non-interactive medium, it just looks goofy and takes away from the creeping horror of the plot.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 am

Spoiler :
Quite surprised to see the spiky hair guy still alive, since I thought he was gonna be one of the first to go. Though I'm kinda hoping now I don't jinx him, considering it seems Genocider would only kill Togami but she won't kill him since it would be too obvious and Togami would only kill if he was absolutely sure he can get away with it. So that only leaves him and Asahina, and I'm putting my money on Asahina since it seems Sakura would do something like that for her.
Another thing I notice it seems in the credits the (would be) murderers are on the left and the victims are on the right. wonder if this will be a continuing trend if they don't solve anything by the end of the show.
Under Construction

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:45 am

This is one of my fave
Spoiler :
Hmmm... I wonder if all of them aren't actually dead.

I notice that it was pretty weird that they don't want them to figure out any secrets

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 am

Reminds me a little Doubt/Judge (manga), but its one of my fav of this season, cant wait for the next ep!

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Kisagi wrote:
Spoiler :
Hmmm... I wonder if all of them aren't actually dead.

I notice that it was pretty weird that they don't want them to figure out any secrets
Spoiler :
That was my first guess since they mentioned hostages, but all of them clearly died throughout the series so it wouldn't make much sense. Unless this is all some weird virtual reality or something...

squidhime
Org Profile

Post by squidhime » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 am

Dear lord.... the anime definitely doesn't do the game justice. I highly suggest you get hold of the PSP: The Best version of Dangan Ronpa and download the fanmade English patch and play it.
The anime is trying too hard to be like the game, when it simply cannot be. I agree that the "Evidence found" and stuff like that just seem goofy and detract from the flow.

I think the thing I'm most bothered about is the fact that people who watch the anime before playing the game basically make it impossible for them to fully enjoy the game like I and many others have.

The animation is pretty nice but also seems to take a dive sometimes. The character art doesn't seem consistent enough for my liking either. (Whereas in the game it was pretty consistent and just... better in general.)
Lack of characterisation is a shame too, plot armor is quite an obvious thing.

TT_TT

I feel like I'm complaining too much but I was SO STOKED for the anime and it's just been a little bit of a let down. I will definitely be making another Dangan Ronpa AMV when it's finished airing though, purely for the 1080p footage ya'know. :D
-------------------------------------------------------
Youtube: http://youtube.com/squiddilyvids
Tumblr: http://icebaka.tumblr.com

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:25 am

Spoiler :
THEY'RE DEAD, DAVE. EVERYBODY'S DEAD. Well according to the credits, anyways.

I was thinking that they (or somebody) made a bet to see who would make it in a survival setting like this, so they (possibly made clones of themselves and) threw 'em in there to see what happens, but now I'm not sure what to think.
Under Construction

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”