Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 am

AniDB wrote:This is Gameindustri. Beings called Goddesses rule the countries of this unreal world. The four goddesses govern four states: Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee and Leanbox. For many long years these countries fought each other over the Share, the source of the Goddesses power. However, fearful that the conflict would pointlessly erode their strength, the goddesses signed a Friendship Treaty forbidding them from taking the share by force. Under the treaty, the Goddesses and their younger sisters took a step forward to a new stage in their relations. It was the dawn of a new, dynamic era marked occasionally by shared laughter, disputes as well as cooperation. What does the future hold in store for Gameindustri...?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Console wars: loli edition.

Wat. I think I'm just confused.
A few really funny gags and some cool commentary on the industry, but I'm not sure this really works as an anime. Being a playstation game originally, I think it's probably better (and more ironic) in its source format.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Tonstar
Org Profile

Post by Tonstar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:07 am

I'm a fan of the games(but not a "huge" one) but i had no idea what to expect from this as an anime. The first few eps have got me hooked though and it's turning out a lot better than i thought. I do think they need to tone down the ecchi just a little bit though. Otherwise, i'm loving the obvious nods to the games and glad it still has the same kinda comedy. Now just waiting to see where it goes from here.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:09 am

The anime seems to take place after the true ending of the first game but before the second game since the sisters like Nepgear can't transform yet. I don't even think I can get the true ending in the first game anymore coz my shares for Neptune go down everytime she dies in battle =(
Anyway this anime is exactly what I expected =p you'll notice that the parodies are very subtle, such as ep2 where Vert is helping Blanc with a satellite imagery software because she can't support 'high resolution' being the avatar for the wii etc =p

Tonstar
Org Profile

Post by Tonstar » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Damn, I am just loving every episode of this. I would actually have to say this is my fav show this season as I get so much enjoyment out of each episode. I don't know whether it's the comedy, the references to the Neptune games, the references to the gaming industry, the cute characters or what, but I feel good/happy after watching it and can't wait for the next episode each week. I'll be sad when it's all over.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 pm

so I know absolutely nothing about the games or their premise, so any parodies/references will probably be lost on me, is this series still watchable to someone new to it?

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 am

^ Yeah just go for it. It's all just light humour and story, not to be taken too seriously. Only loosely based on the games too. Unique anime interpretation of the games. I really like the animation. =)

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:56 am

You're fine as long as you know something about gaming consoles. Just as in the games, most of the humor here comes from references to "console wars" and gaming history etc.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 pm

ep8, Vert gets her "just as planned" moment =D Loved the expression.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 am

ep9-10, an indirect reference to Australia's fight to get a R18 game classification?!

ep11-12, a fight against CPU Tari which I'm guessing is a parody of the Atari console, for people turning their backs on it :lol:

I really enjoyed this series as a whole.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”