Karneval

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Karneval

Post by mirkosp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:47 am

AniDB wrote:Nai searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set-up, and soon become wanted criminals by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization—"Circus"!!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Karneval

Post by mirkosp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:48 am

Fujoshi: this is the show for you this season.
Others: you have been warned...

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:03 am

I swear there is no yaoi or BL in this series, trust me I've read all the manga. Everything is all made up by the fangirls! D: I will admit there are quite a number of bishies in this series BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING. And there ARE pretty girls in this show too. >__> It's just the artwork that makes them look too gorgeous which seems to be causing the misunderstandings.

Also the manga is listed as josei & fantasy on mangaupdates so unless the anime deviates from the manga drastically, it will be pretty awesome if you like fantasy action/supernatural stuff. :up:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 am

There doesn't need to be any bl to drop hints or scenes to make fangirls squee, though. Let's face it... it's clear whom this is geared towards just by looking at the characters.
By the way this doesn't mean it's going to be bad or anything like that at all, hey, but it doesn't really have to be straight out yaoi to have winking subtexts... and I know that not everybody can stand those despite the overall value of a show. Think of Tiger & Bunny and you'll understand what I mean.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 am

Well that's true. I've seen Tiger & Bunny and well...I do get where you're coming from because I have seen too many...extreme pictures on Tumblr about that show that cannot be unseen. >__> I only hope the fujoshis don't go too overboard because it'd really kill me if this show was looked down by other anime fans simply because of the BL subtext. I mean, I love the friendship between the characters in this and seeing that being interpreted all wrong makes me wanna cry. ;__;

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 am

YAOI ALL THE THINGS!

Err.. I mean I'll be checking out this anime, hoping it to be a more violent version of Kaliedo Star.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:43 pm

I think we're all too grown up to be scared of gay people, or maybe I'm wrong?

I'll watch the show. A certain fangirl recommended it to me and now I'm hooked D: Maybe the anime will finally clear up what the hell is actually happening in all those abstract fight scenes in the manga.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Emong wrote:I think we're all too grown up to be scared of gay people, or maybe I'm wrong?
There's a difference between gay/traps/transgender/whatever and fujoshibait, trust me. :sorcerer:
I deeply enjoyed Hourou Musuko if that counts for anything.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:05 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Emong wrote:I think we're all too grown up to be scared of gay people, or maybe I'm wrong?
There's a difference between gay/traps/transgender/whatever and fujoshibait, trust me. :sorcerer:
I deeply enjoyed Hourou Musuko if that counts for anything.
I know. And I'm not here trying to defend yaoi as a genre. I've read enough to say that it's mostly just ridiculous fanservice for women. But I have trouble believing that people's aversion towards yaoi is only about that. It's not like people would somehow be OK with it if, instead of being just subtext or plain fanservice for fangirls, it was developed into serious drama and romance.

And Hourou Musuko was pretty nice :up:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:14 pm

I for once would welcome a show that seriously took on gay thematics, especially if based on how society deals with the whole thing. It would surely be an interesting watch. This is getting pretty OT tho, since it's not the case at hand...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”