Karneval

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Karneval

Post by AimoAio » Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm

ibabrak wrote:I am considering picking up the manga after this finishes airing. Somehow reminds me of D.Gray Man. Oh, I should start reading that again as well .)
YES YOU SHOULD. (To both) It's one of those series that start off confusing and perhaps a little meh but it definitely gets better over time as the plot starts to reveal itself and the characters are more fleshed out. I mean even with the latest volume, most the characters are still shrouded in mystery but when that mystery unfolds, it's brilliant. :up:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 am

Yogiiiii, holy cow. Shit just got cereal :awesome:
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat May 25, 2013 9:59 am

YES YOGI I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!
Spoiler :
That howl at the end was just plain awesome! :up:

Eryl1981
Org Profile

Post by Eryl1981 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm

This 31 year old woman loves this anime. It has hot bishies, great action, a few mysteries, and a little horror. Sadly no BL (sigh) which would improve it.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I give it an 8. A very good anime that can only get better.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Well, that was a rather sudden and weak change of heart, Tsukumo-chan :?
If they find me I will kill myself... *sudden flash back - I turst you*.... I am part of Circus, I will fight and stuff.
I do like her character but this was somewhat badly executed. Karoku seems really weird, I don't like him so far.
I hope we get to see more Yogi in his berserk limited edition :awesome: :rofl:
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:18 pm

ibabrak wrote:Well, that was a rather sudden and weak change of heart, Tsukumo-chan :?
If they find me I will kill myself... *sudden flash back - I turst you*.... I am part of Circus, I will fight and stuff.
I do like her character but this was somewhat badly executed. Karoku seems really weird, I don't like him so far.
I hope we get to see more Yogi in his berserk limited edition :awesome: :rofl:
Yeah her will is pretty weak, its mentioned later than she lacks confidence like the other members so she's always worried about her abilities and whether she's good enough to be around them. Not much about her past has been revealed yet though. Karoku is just weird, even I still don't know who or what the heck he's up to. XD And unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing berserk Yogi anymore in this series since it's only 13 episodes. :( It makes me wonder where they'll stop in the manga because originally I thought they'd animate right until the end of Volume 6 with the Smoky Mansion arc but there's only 4 episodes left and there's still Vinto and Vantnam to go through before it. I feel like it's going to be an awkward end. >__<

Oh but Akari-sensei's hair. <3
Spoiler :

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:25 pm

They cut out so much stuff from the Vinto chapters. :cry: Oh well, at least we get to see Yanari in the next episode. :up: I hope they do his arc some justice because it's a really touching story. <3

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

That was like one of the most touching side stories I've seen
AimoAio wrote:They cut out so much stuff from the Vinto chapters. :cry: Oh well, at least we get to see Yanari in the next episode. :up: I hope they do his arc some justice because it's a really touching story. <3
Oh, I thought that was it for the character, but since you mentioned him does that mean we're gonna see more?
Anyway, looks like that shit is gonna get serious in the next episode :awesome:
ImageImage

Eryl1981
Org Profile

Post by Eryl1981 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 pm

I really like this anime. Not too much icky blood all over the place. Has some really great art and music. Love the somewhat boring but ordinary plot - just makes you what to watch more to see what happens.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 am

ibabrak wrote:That was like one of the most touching side stories I've seen
AimoAio wrote:They cut out so much stuff from the Vinto chapters. :cry: Oh well, at least we get to see Yanari in the next episode. :up: I hope they do his arc some justice because it's a really touching story. <3
Oh, I thought that was it for the character, but since you mentioned him does that mean we're gonna see more?
Anyway, looks like that shit is gonna get serious in the next episode :awesome:
Guess not since it seems like it's going to spend the last two episodes covering the Smoky Mansion. Tbh, it only skimmed the surface of Yanari's story which was around 4 chapters long. There isn't exactly much to Yanari but more of what the other characters are thinking is implied in this arc (namely Yogi) but I reckon Yanari will play a bigger role later on in the manga since he's appeared a few times since even though he hasn't actually done much. XD

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”