Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:31 am

TEKnician wrote:One thing that bothers me is how much time passes every episode. Jeez.
Well it's a 12 ep series, and you can't expect them to fix the world without a few time skips now can you :P

TEKnician
Org Profile

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Post by TEKnician » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Holy hell. By far best episode of the season. God damn fairies, that was an awesome surprise. Plus the cool battle plan by...you know I'm just gonna call her Ruby. She mentioned she is called "Ruby Eyes" a few episodes ago.

Nice dueling scene, even if they sacrificed art detail for dynamic movement. It was worth the effort. I am in love with the soundtrack for this series. I'm surprised how little feedback this series is getting.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

ep 7, lol at the midnight duel over the hero

wonder when the witch companion is supposed to show up

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm

I've been wondering that too. And even after 7 eps in, I'm still not sure what to make of this, as I'm trying not to expect much from it as well. I mean, it kinda feels like a slice of life version of Queen's Blade but without the (exposed) boobage or the tournament, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

I also kinda feel like playing Lords of the Realm II again.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:I've been wondering that too. And even after 7 eps in, I'm still not sure what to make of this, as I'm trying not to expect much from it as well. I mean, it kinda feels like a slice of life version of Queen's Blade but without the (exposed) boobage or the tournament, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

I also kinda feel like playing Lords of the Realm II again.
Aside from a fantasy setting, how is this in any way like queen's blade (all I can remember that series being about was the tournament and boobage, what do you have left when you take those away lol).

Aside from the director being the same, I'm trying to figure out why this series feels so similar to spice and wolf, the authors of the source material are different but they feel very similar, atmosphere wise.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am

Yeah, just the setting since it's all that's left when you take those two away. I haven't watched very much anime that's set in the medieval times with all the European-like architecture and the magicks and the sort. None that I can recall since Queen's Blade is the only one I can think of when it comes to that type of setting, anyways.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 am

8bit_samurai wrote:Yeah, just the setting since it's all that's left when you take those two away. I haven't watched very much anime that's set in the medieval times with all the European-like architecture and the magicks and the sort. None that I can recall since Queen's Blade is the only one I can think of when it comes to that type of setting, anyways.
There's actually a surprising number of medieval anime around. Old school series like Bastard, slayers, scrapped princess the old Berserk series and new Berserk Movies (for god sake's watch the movies and shun the series). More recently you got claymore, wolf and spice, tears to tiara, zero no tsukaima, legend of legendary heroes. Those are all stuff that I can think off just off the top of my head. Do a google for medieval anime and you'll get a lot of results.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

I actually got most of those on my to watch list. I guess I should move them up on that list, since I'm not watching anything that isn't current at the moment. I don't know why I haven't watched much medieval stuff, but I guess that'll be fixed here shortly.
Under Construction

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Most intelligent boobs in anime to date I suppose. Something unexpected from ARMS, the makers of Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, and a handful of other booty fest combat anime.

Take note, whenever they introduce a male protagonist, their anime starts getting quite awesome. Samurai Girls, Hagure Yuusha, and now Maoyuu.

Though the combat in this one is quite bland, aside from that one island war attack, the 'war' spoken of isn't shown onscreen very often.

Here's hoping that Lelouch and Kallen can actually get hooked up so to speak... :asd:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

TEKnician
Org Profile

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Post by TEKnician » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:42 am

Not enough action? Lets add a bipolar mage with multiple personality disorder, a nuclear explosion, and an awakened demon reincarnate with a scythe.

Good episode.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”