Psycho-pass

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Psycho-pass

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 am

Overall a pretty cool series! There were a few moments I was a little iffy on (it's probably just me, but when they were specifically naming authors of books or famous philosophers, it felt like they were kind of jamming it down our throats. I would've been fine if they just stuck with saying maybe a name once or twice, and leaving the rest of the communicated philosophies intermingled cleverly into the dialogue, or seeing a shot of a book title. I think its more fun to discover that stuff rather than have it handed to the audience) but generally I liked it. The last 2 episodes especially were fantastic, imo. :up:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 am

Ehhh... a solid series overall I guess, but not really exceptional.
Spoiler :
I was pretty disappointed at the ending, I mean I really like what Kogami and Akane had to go through as characters, but I was really hoping Akane would blow some shit up at the end. I also found myself not really liking the confrontation between Kogami and his nemesis at the very end, for the guy to be as clever as he was and not have some other kind of plan? He spent how many years not getting caught?
Overall I did enjoy it.

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 am

Utterly predictable plot progression and cliche'd characters. As for Makishima, it's absolutely disappointing how underwhelming his demise came to be. For a sinister, cunning, and interesting villain like him who was haunting this show throughout, you'd expect something more grand for a final battle but all he gets is a standard criminal chase-down that ends with a bullet to his head and nothing changes afterwards. Sibyl system is still there, so is the chief, and pretty much all we end up is a rinse and repeat.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Yep. I was super disappointed that the whole hyper-oats plot was
Spoiler :
actually the real plot. :/ I was hoping that there would be some crazy twist and maybe Makishima really intended to like, I dunno bomb the Sybil system or something way over the top like that.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:17 am

ZephyrStar wrote:
Spoiler :
I was hoping that there would be some crazy twist and maybe Makishima really intended to like, I dunno bomb the Sybil system or something way over the top like that.
x2. It was sorta disappointing the way he left the picture. :| I had high hopes for him.

Though it has been mentioned by the director there might be a second season if there's enough support, so maybe:
Spoiler :
Sibyl's downfall will be covered in this.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”