Shinsekai Yori

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ChanWo
Org Profile

Re: Shinsekai Yori

Post by ChanWo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm

I realize there are more mysterious things that need to be covered, but given what Tomiko explained some about her... "position" in Ep. 14, and what we witnessed the children learning to accomplish in school, and taking into mind that the more skills you learn the easier it would be to learn new ones due to your own understanding of what you need to visualize to accomplish them; while Shisei may be the most powerful, shouldn't Tomiko be something like the most BA Swiss army knife of crazy skills?

And I wouldn't mind seeing how their doctor's in that universe go about their practice if things are dealt with on the molecular level frequently.
What a dull world if we knew everything about geese! -Aldo Leopold

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:55 am

Gotta find Miria fast. Really like her as a character! :up:
I'm expecting some kind of further resistence from Satoru's or Saki's side toward the Bakenezumi. Especially the Squirrrl's (you know who I mean) colony is rather unpleasant.

On another note; I really like all the dark episodes with all the Fiends, Cats etc.
One of those series that is killing when I'm waiting for the next episode.
ImageImage

ChanWo
Org Profile

Post by ChanWo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Just watched episode 16... Yeah...
Spoiler :
For one, did they just now start having Saki in the future give narration? AKA: she is assured plot armor? And her dream? It was like the animation that would be created from throwing a million cats each into a million frictionless boxes. I nearly have to start agreeing with ZephyrStar's points. And how freaking long did that letter from Maria take to wright? Are queerats even allowed pencils? Well... they probably are. Gift from the "Gods" and all.

...A gift to plot with.
What a dull world if we knew everything about geese! -Aldo Leopold

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

ChanWo wrote:Just watched episode 16... Yeah...
Spoiler :
For one, did they just now start having Saki in the future give narration? AKA: she is assured plot armor? And her dream? It was like the animation that would be created from throwing a million cats each into a million frictionless boxes. I nearly have to start agreeing with ZephyrStar's points. And how freaking long did that letter from Maria take to wright? Are queerats even allowed pencils? Well... they probably are. Gift from the "Gods" and all.

...A gift to plot with.
Nope, the narration was there all along.
Spoiler :
As for the letter I thought it was beautiful in a way. It was so long yet it did not bore me.
I'm wondering what meaning was in that dream. At first I thought it was Shun with a weird hairstyle, but it does not look to be the case.
I accidently watched the preview for 17 which I usually try to avoid
Spoiler :
Another time leap, huh? Let's see how much has changed, I guess
ImageImage

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm

ibabrak wrote:I accidently watched the preview for 17 which I usually try to avoid
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
If you've heard of the novel this is based off it skips throughout her years. I'm just not sure how old they will go with the anime.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 pm

ibabrak wrote: I accidently watched the preview for 17 which I usually try to avoid
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
AGAIN?
Gettin' a little excessive here, methinks.
This show is kind of off and on, for me. There's been many times where I've just left the video running while I opened another tab, but at the same time the recent plot with the Queerats and the children all running away has been mildly more interesting than before.
Spoiler :
But if I had to summarize the show its that Saki loses people dear to her, the end. Seriously, EVERYBODY'S LEAVING AND ITS REALLY UNFORTUNATE.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

yea it's getting little redundant. I really liked the show after the first time skip though. I don't really mind the time skips but yea....
ImageImage

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:57 am

I caught up a few days ago, and I really don't know why you guys think
Spoiler :
the time skips are surprising >__> She was narrating from this point of time in the latest episode throughout the whole anime. It was pretty obvious they were gonna go this far.
Though I gotta say that I'm still waiting for that moment in the anime that will make me say "so this is why I watched this!" The story so far has been pretty okay thus far, but I'm still waiting for a really satisfying plot development. Episode 10 was as close as it got and I hope there will be something as awesome as that in the episodes to come.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:51 pm

SO THIS IS WHY I WATCHED THIS

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 am

Awesome episode is awesome
Spoiler :
I wonder if the Fiend or what it is is someone they know