Eureka Seven AO

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: Eureka Seven AO

Post by meleechampion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:44 am

Yeah I mean, the team goes to space so they can... what, fight another secret? :P

Nah, hopefully it's more than that. These skirmishes just have no meaning... not yet, not until we know what the crystals they're recovering are actually "for" (we really only know they're "valuable" right now) so instead it's just... business as usual. Surprising that I like this show more when they're NOT fighting in mechs?

I mean the fights in E7 had their place, they also had added weight. EVERYTHING had added weight. The world was ending, limited resources, battles had consequences, mechs were lost, people got injured, I mean ffs if the trapar panels on the ship got damaged? Lets spend FOUR EPISODES holed up in a cave repairing them! Not in AO. Cracked your cockpit glass from the extreme pressure of being too far underwater? Fixed between episodes, and not Magical Love Can Repair Everything (because they're not really mechs anyway lol) but just... fixed, cuz we're rich, and we gotta get those secrets. Pied piper is a well oiled machine, a business. Gekkostate was a rag tag band of lovable criminal freedom fighters who did odd jobs to get by. In AO (so far) they're giving me almost the exact opposite of what I want, or think I want anyway.

And it's not that I want another gekkostate, because (maybe... maybe...) that would be terrible too. It think I've just seen enough anime now that I want to dig deeper. E7 was a show I could do that with. So far (the majority of) AO's characters are pretty shallow and honestly the plot is more about not answering questions than being complex or interesting.... but I'm trying to keep these thoughts as SUSPICIONS not convictions. ARGH, it's just that this could be so much better, and hopefully it will be.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 pm

I can respect that opinion. I'd still say that AO has sort of it's own charm that I'm drawn to, though.

However,
(Spoiler pictures for episode 12 and apparently the preview for episode 13):
Spoiler :
I think that's the one from ep 12.

And I think this is for ep 13:

I assume these are flashbacks, but DKJGHSRTH I WANT TO CRY FROM HOW HAPPY THEY MAKE ME.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:02 am

This episode was pretty interesting, some cool tidbits here and there
Spoiler :
Gazelle Corps (lol)
a book as a prophecy
Nirvash back story
we see Naru for once
Truth shows more than one dimension, getting upset about his history
space!
trapar talk
space "mama" (talho related? that's the vibe I got)
so many "council of the sages" vibes with the tea serving, butler, perhaps just because they were in space lol

...but then the last five minutes happened.

*FLIPS ALL THE TABLES*
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:13 pm

I SCREAMED WATCHING THE LAST FIVE MINUTES.
JUST FECKING LOST IT.
:ying:

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Okay, to be completely honest, i quietly dropped this show a while back. Then i checked the thread again and saw the
meleechampion wrote:This episode was pretty interesting, some cool tidbits here and there
Spoiler :
Gazelle Corps (lol)
a book as a prophecy
Nirvash back story
we see Naru for once
Truth shows more than one dimension, getting upset about his history
space!
trapar talk
space "mama" (talho related? that's the vibe I got)
so many "council of the sages" vibes with the tea serving, butler, perhaps just because they were in space lol

...but then the last five minutes happened.

*FLIPS ALL THE TABLES*
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the
EkaCoralian wrote:I SCREAMED WATCHING THE LAST FIVE MINUTES.
JUST FECKING LOST IT.
:ying:
So i thought, "Hmm...I guess something interesting must have finally happened.

So I saw the last ep and... :shock:
Spoiler :
BACK IN THE GAME!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 am

please note, it was with great willpower I was able to compile this list without everything being in all caps.

episode 13 things I loved
Spoiler :
her hairstyle is not one of the four
he's wearing renton's jumper!
nirvash moving on it's own!
trapar butterflies!
truth is a secret (or attacks like one) but secrets aren't enemies!
time travel! (really? REALLY?!)
and everything else, so so good.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 am

oh and things I hated
Spoiler :
gazelle corps out of nowhere becoming antagonists... kinda like hap and stoner in the movie. kinda... fuck, not only did I like those guys, but their motivations appeared out of nowhere, their actions became strange and forced. surely a fault of lack of development aka lack of time. 26 episodes? really? fuck...

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:12 pm

sleepy brain just picked up on / wants to talk more about
Spoiler :
Ao can't catch a fish despite being raised on an island. He doesn't belong! He's an alien! Go home!

Can't imagine all the tables I'm gonna flip if Renton comes busting into this universe to save the day... or rather save the space-time continuum. (she did specifically mention Renton, but amend this to be ANYONE from that universe... imagining old man Holland and crew busting a hole in space-time to bring the fight here, recreate the scene where Dominic flies through to get to Anemone except it's old E7 people to get to new AO people, omg wtffff... brain exploded)

That said, I'm actually a little disappointed things will happen under the banner of "the past must be correct so the future can happen" in fact I'm pretty sure I would have preferred the "alternate universe" explanation better, although who knows where they'll go from here.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm

I want a better animated Nirvash next ep. I hate the skippy-ness. What framerate did they produce this on?

Question time:
Spoiler :
I want to know why in the hell truth is screwing everyone over. Is it because his dad died from a coralian-related incident?
What is it with that humanoid secret? is it important or just another nobody?

And more importantly:

HOW THE HELL DID EUREKA GET HOLLAND TO AGREE TO BURY THE GEKKO??!! Its HIS ship!
I'm glad we get to see her again...but this could've gone a whole lot different.
Spoiler :
I laughed when she said Renton was useless. XD Oh, Eureka... :roll:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I REALLY liked episode 12. I didn't feel like they messed up her character at all, and I was incredibly grateful for that. Glad to see the series going in this direction!

Also,
Spoiler :
how about that familiar tracksuit Ao was wearing? :'3 Right in the emotions, my God. Especially when he held the Compac Drive! And Eureka saying Renton's name made me feel all giddy again.
I'm so glad Kenichi Yoshida took over art direction for the majority of this episode. Ao looks fantastic in Yoshida's style. ;_;

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”