Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:12 pm

...That was a pretty lame way to end it, if I may say so. On the whole, I liked this series a LOT, but there were a couple or so eps in the middle of the series that were somewhat bad, and the ending really wasn't up to par.
Overall I would still recommend it, but up to this last episode I thought it would have had a much more masterpiece-worthy ending, and instead they threw pretty much everything away. It makes sense, sure, but eh... what bugs me, is that it was set as an episodic series, more or less, much like most of the other Lupin production, but then after half or so of the series, they started pulling together Owls from nowhere to stick in a plot, and in the end I think it ended up backfiring. Or rather, it sure was interesting to see how it was evolving, and even up to ep 12 it looked like an interesting story. But then they pull this kinda sorta deus ex machina deal out of nowhere, which left me pretty "meh" right at the ending, which was the worst way to make most of the efforts up to there futile. I think I'll just pretend it ended in some other way or something... somebody make an alternative ending AMV already! :ying:

PS: Fujiko truly is a bitch... >_>

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”