High School DxD

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

High School DxD

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Sequel, yo. Original poster under spoiler.

Spoiler :

AniDB wrote:The story follows Hyoudou Issei, a dim-witted, lecherous second-year high school student who is killed by a girl on his first date ever. Issei is reincarnated as a devil, and from that day forward, he serves as an underling of Rias Gremori, a high-level devil who is also the prettiest girl on Issei's campus.

Note: Please be aware that this is airing mostly uncensored, so if you're easily impressed by... uhm... male genitalia, you should avoid this.
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: High School DxD

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 pm

So basically my friends made me watch episode 2 randomly at 3 in the morning.
I wanted to punch the main character in the balls. That was TERRIBLE. :c
EkaCoralian

Postby Amaterasu » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Going to attempt to watch this soon. It sounds like one of those forgettable ecchi anime.
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby kenisama » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:47 pm

This show's first episode got a rating of boobs. So I doubt there's going to be any substance here.
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
kenisama

Postby guy07 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey, look! Boobs!
guy07

Postby [madaraxD] » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:So basically my friends made me watch episode 2 randomly at 3 in the morning.
I wanted to punch the main character in the balls. That was TERRIBLE. :c

This. The only difference is that I watch the second episode at 5 in the morning xD :rofl:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby OmniStrata » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 am

Hmm... http://www.HaremKing.tv NOW THAT'S a website to advertise your anime...

It'd be truly an amazing moment in anime where the hero who u wanted to punch gets his true harem ending...

So many harem anime ended in shitz...

Tenchi [wait wha?]
Ranma [I'm not the only one who disliked Akane for the bride I'm sure]
Nadesico [well, there's worse...]
ToLoveRu [He's an idiot]

Can't we get one where the dude actually ya know... GETS SOMETHING?!

It's not that one can get sick of booby fanservice anime... [at least I don't] but the formula of Love Hina style violence vs. morons is been beaten to death... [poor horse lol] Gimme a hero who does it and gets something different and we have a good thing going... finally....

Let's hope his demon powers make him awesome in later eps... and he gets his harem slaves for hot sex0rs... ^_^ Also, that is bar-none the sexiest ending sequence to date for ED ep 2... Who's with me?
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm with you OmniStrata. I actually discovered this anime thanks to the END, I have even have ideas for a video lol

The reason I'll watch this anime is because of the theme of angels and demons, but into a new generation anime and not from the old school animes. I just hope ecchi don't end ruining the argument because the serie has the potential due to the argument, but I just don't hope this one ends like HOTD.

Currently reading the manga just to be sure I'll have the material I need
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Jasta85 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am

eh, well from what I've seen so far boobs seem to be the driving force behind this series, they also seem to be the main character's only motivation in life.
Jasta85

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 am

Ok I was going to be very dissapointed after episode 5.

When I noticed the ending started an the story keep going I first said: It's over already?!

Because I think that there's some story left in the manga. Need to go read it now
ImageImage
TritioAFB

Postby guy07 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:48 am

UPDATE: More boobs. That's about it.
guy07

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:02 pm

So is there actually any redeeming value in this show?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...

High School DxD

Postby TEKnician » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:So is there actually any redeeming value in this show?

no traps?
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:59 am

I'll be honest about this show:

In the beginning I was kinda esceptic: This seems like another ecchi, but it has an argument, a potential argument.
Problem comes when the ecchi is too much. In this serie for example the episodes when Asia appears, were the interesting ones, because it had the feeling that everytime the episode ended, the viewer was like: I want to see next one.

But after Asia's passing to the Demons side, the serie is literally a disaster in terms of argument. The way the story is going doesn't seem interesting and instead boring, the fan service is not really helping (I have watched again and again that cycle), and boobs is not something that's gonna save it. To be honest, if I watch or not the next episode is not very important :S

But since the serie is not completed, I'm waiting to see if the story changes :O
ImageImage
TritioAFB

High School DxD

Postby MetamorphosisStudios » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 pm

TritioAFB wrote:I'll be honest about this show:

In the beginning I was kinda esceptic: This seems like another ecchi, but it has an argument, a potential argument.
Problem comes when the ecchi is too much. In this serie for example the episodes when Asia appears, were the interesting ones, because it had the feeling that everytime the episode ended, the viewer was like: I want to see next one.

But after Asia's passing to the Demons side, the serie is literally a disaster in terms of argument. The way the story is going doesn't seem interesting and instead boring, the fan service is not really helping (I have watched again and again that cycle), and boobs is not something that's gonna save it. To be honest, if I watch or not the next episode is not very important :S

But since the serie is not completed, I'm waiting to see if the story changes :O

I think the story is actually not that bad, ^^ I can't wait for episode 9
MetamorphosisStudios

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion