Guilty Crown

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: Guilty Crown

Post by ibabrak » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:43 pm

is anyone reading manga? I'd just like to know if the anime is cut earlier or if I could read some more after the very end of the anime
ImageImage

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Just finished watching episode 10. Thus far it's been more or less like a generic Hollywood action film with anime fanservice :? Every time the story takes a turn towards complexity or something resembling character development it's ruined by ZOMG SCIFI ACTION AND GIANT ROBOTS!!1! Yawn. I was told the second half is better so I'm gonna keep watching.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Guilty Crown

Post by TEKnician » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 pm

If and when someone watches the end, can you let me know if I should continue watching past episode 13 or not?

I'd appreciate it! :)
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 am

TEKnician wrote:If and when someone watches the end, can you let me know if I should continue watching past episode 13 or not?

I'd appreciate it! :)
Id say you watch it but this really depends on your favourism. i dont even know why you would stop halfway through a series anyway but its worth it

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm

It seems like they'll make "Lost Christmas" into an anime as well:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8292.html

EDIT: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... nime-short
Yup.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Spoiler :
For a second, I thought that Shu and Ayase got together and had a daughter name Hare. Apparently, the ending was just a reunion.
Over the course of the 22 episodes, I kinda lost a little bit of the excitement that I had towards the series, but this was still a pretty decent though.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:24 am

ending sucked lol sigh this anime had great music, awesome action but in the end... the structure was a mess.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Yeah the ending was... not good. So many plotholes. Atmosphere was great with the animation and music, but so little made sense and I was a little aggravated over that. -.- I honestly believe this show could've been kick arse if it was actually longer in its episode length. 22 episodes was not a good time span, so the pacing was all wonky. Not to mention more episodes would actually leave room for things to be explained.

But yeah, if anything the music was to die for (I'm gonna have to look up the composer), the story was intriguing though could have been spread out a little better and had more things explained, and the animation was cool.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqnIgDY8p0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BooRMsfUNP8
those remixes are just... amazing. Think I might import the singles if they are available.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:44 pm

ibabrak wrote:is anyone reading manga? I'd just like to know if the anime is cut earlier or if I could read some more after the very end of the anime
I think the manga is just an adaption of the anime so the content will be the same...?

The ending's first half was pretty good. :D But then it kinda fell flat. :|
Spoiler :
Some "GAAAAAIII!" and "SHUUUUU!!!" shouting/accusations. *swords clash* Gai sees Inori and has an OMGWTF moment and gets slashed by Shu and dies. Then it's all explained that Gai and Mana did all this apocalypse crap on purpose so she didn't have to be reborn every time the apocalypse didnt happen because of the will of the Daath that wants human evolution and selection to keep...er...developing. So they were actually the "good" guys in a sense by getting rid of all the "Adam and Eve" thing by killing off Mana completely. Actually I'm not even sure she was "killed" since she just turned into crystal and disintegrated although I'm not sure how that happened either. So yeah they make Shu feel regretful for a moment and then he has his last heroic moment of absorbing all the crystals ready to sacrifice himself for the good of the world then Inori takes the burden herself instead and...dies...? Also soldier commander dude rescuing Daryl (aww) then shoving him into the lift and saying he was really a nice guy after all? (wtf?!) Hello?! Random much?! Then few years later, reunion. End.
I'm somewhat left quite unsatisfied by this crappy ending. The structure is just awful, they tried to pack too much into such a short time and so it doesn't quite work as a good finale. But I can say honestly, I did enjoy watching it every week since out of the whole series, I think I only skipped 1 or 2 weeks in total and that was only because that particular segment was just boring.

But good action, good drama, good soundtrack. I suppose I'm pretty content with the series as a whole,that's if we exclude the last episode so...8/10 from me. :D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”