Guilty Crown

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Guilty Crown

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Kay this show has gotten to the point where its unoriginality is kind of irritating me now.
It is so goddang much like Eureka seveN.
I don’t mean like only the characters (though they are) because if it were just character trait similarities I wouldn’t care.

But Lost Christmas = The Summer of Love.
And Funeral Parlour = Gekkostate.
And the Apocalypse Virus = Desperation Disease (bit of a stretch there actually, I'll admit).

As far as characters go:
Shu = Renton
Inori = Eureka
Daryl = Anemone
Gai = Holland
Ayase = Talho
Tsugumi = Gidget (debateable)

And I assume that
Spoiler :
Inori is a copy of some sort of Shu’s now-dead sister. If Gai knew Shu’s sister (which might work since he talked about Inori not being “her”) then lo and behold, Shu’s sister is Diane. Not to mention Gai said 'So you chose him too in the end as well' to Inori or something like that. AHERMHERM.
It's just... it seems so unoriginal to me because of this. I'm just seriously hoping they throw in a massive surprise into the plot for the viewers to witness (and I will flip many tables if my 'Shu's sister' idea is actually right).

But I'm not hating the show; I find it quite entertaining, but definitely not the show of the season. It felt like a show of the season in episode 4; now not so much. :\ 'Hoping the next episode will roll in some surprises.
Also this OST continues to amaze me. I want to buy it so bad. ;;

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:22 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:But Lost Christmas = The Summer of Love.
And Funeral Parlour = Gekkostate.
And the Apocalypse Virus = Desperation Disease (bit of a stretch there actually, I'll admit).
Yeah, I caught that too. But the virus is more like evil Coralians if you ask me. I mean...they grow on anything, have reality-bending powers, and Shu[=Renton] can tap into it.
EkaCoralian wrote:Inori = Eureka
C'mon, Eka. Lets not bring Eureka down from her throne of "The Secretly Beautiful Quiet One" to the slum of that "I don't like talking at all" Kururu look-alike (Air Gear).

And SINCE we're on the subject of comparing anime, am I the only one who caught THIS:
Spoiler :
ImageImage

Shu uses Inori as a weapon, Kimimaro uses Mashu as a weapon.
Shu joins a sect to destroy the government, Kimimaro Joins a sect to bring down the worlds economies.
Shu does not agree with Gai's methods, Kimimaro does not agrees with Mikuni's methods.
Shu can't admit he likes Inori, Kimimaro can't admit he likes Mashu (how do you turn down a kiss from a LITERALLY Hot 'n Horny, half-naked girl who throws herself in your face?)
:rofl: I mean, this show's budget had to come from SOMEWHERE, right? :awesome:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Yeeeah, freakin' dropped D:

Just not enough to keep me interested.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:19 pm

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Watching: EPISODE 10

F*** you, Shu. F*** you. You are an asshole.
Spoiler :
The ONE TIME Inori begins to show some kind of emotion, you slap her and break her present. Is it just a coincidence it was during christmas? Hare bitch-slapped you, you deserve it. You suck moby dick, sir.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:24 am

anyone else notice that Ayase moans in pleasure whenever she gets hit by the enemy in her mech?

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:18 am

hmmm..

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Watching: EPISODE 11

I...I...I...I...WWWWHHHHHHHAT?! :shock:

HOLY CRAP! Its cliffhangers like THAT that keep me interested.
OropherZero wrote:anyone else notice that Ayase moans in pleasure whenever she gets hit by the enemy in her mech?
I was waiting to see what you meant, and now i know what you meant. And i loved it. <3 They all blush when they get hurt, too. :ying:

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:12 pm

I definitely recommend it for one of the coolest fight scenes...

minor spoiler.
Spoiler :
Sword in one hand, girl in another, CHARGE IN ZERO GRAVITY AERIAL ACROBATIC fight scene... *whew*
Very long time since I've seen an anime protagonist do something this epic...

Not since, well,
Spoiler :
Bullet catch
in My Bride is a Mermaid maybe?

hmm...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:14 pm

OropherZero wrote:anyone else notice that Ayase moans in pleasure whenever she gets hit by the enemy in her mech?
I want to hit her myself lol... I'm sure it's technically impossible for a lady in a game or anime to get hit, grunt/moan, and not be taken the wrong way... Anything gal's say is hot to us right?
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”