Mirai Nikki (2011)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Mirai Nikki (2011)

Postby kireblue » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Spoiler :
That little kid really surpassed my expectations of him. I didn't expect him to be such a challenge for Yuno. He came closer than anyone else so far.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Spoiler :
It was a little hard to swallow the idea of that kid being SO smart and so...WORDY, but it was a good ep.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby Otohiko » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:55 am

One thing I definitely like about this show/manga is that it doesn't drag out the encounters with other diary holders into several-episode showdowns. Stuff goes down pretty quickly and unexpectedly.
Otohiko

Postby ibabrak » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:49 am

Otohiko wrote:One thing I definitely like about this show/manga is that it doesn't drag out the encounters with other diary holders into several-episode showdowns. Stuff goes down pretty quickly and unexpectedly.

yeah thanks really likable.
And is it just me or is the
Spoiler :
police officer diary holder... I think his number is 4th... going to be the biggest threat
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby guy07 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Damn, I was hoping Opai-chan was gonna be a good guy :(
guy07

Postby MetamorphosisStudios » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 pm

haha i love this anime xD
MetamorphosisStudios

Postby TEKnician » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:09 pm

I-I'm sorry. I just...after that one
Spoiler :
rape episode

It kinda killed it for me. I watched up until the next episode where at least we know
Spoiler :
Yuki's mom accepts their relationship

But i'm gonna drop this one. I liked it, but it doesn't really captivate my interest.

Final score:
3.5/5

overall: :up:

Oyasumi...thread
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby MetamorphosisStudios » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Yes! |:> new eipisode today ;D
MetamorphosisStudios

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:00 pm

it starts to become really boring and annoying
Kain-x-spirits

Postby MetamorphosisStudios » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:it starts to become really boring and annoying

How? Have you ever read the manga?
MetamorphosisStudios

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:48 pm

nop
Kain-x-spirits

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 pm

And yeah, they just repeat the same things again and again. And this is a pity, since they had a good and solid plot, but it seems they just prefer put some Characters always act the same way, there's no characters developpement (and i don't think it's a good thing, it's already the 9th episode :x), there's really no work on the characters, except for yuno.
I don't know about the manga, but to me, the anime is not that good. It's not bad, though, :p A bit like deadman wonderland, it's the genre of the anime that make it interesting, not the developpement (there's no developpement anyway :D)
But well, it's a 26 episodes series, so i'll probably be surprised later.
Kain-x-spirits

Postby Hagaren Viper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Pretty good ep, but I question the logic of "Lean against the glass so the dogs don't break through". Does that..work?

Also, the pantsu in this ep...was it necessary? At least the other times were somewhat relevant to what was going on. I'd also like to think most people would pull up their pants in embarrassment right away...

Spoiler :
Interesting twist with whatsherface being alive in the end, even if I kind of expected it. Im guessing the body they saw was another girl's? They didn't have any chance to inspect the body so it seems likely to me. Though I'm surious about why she was shown to be scared of the dogs if she is apparently on their side or something to that extent. And what the crap is a 'Breeder Diary'?!

Kinda like the gray haired kid whos name I forgot as well. He should be voiced by Greg Ayers in the eventual dun :U
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby ibabrak » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:34 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Spoiler :
Kinda like the gray haired kid whos name I forgot as well. He should be voiced by Greg Ayers in the eventual dun :U

Yeah, he seems to be pretty cool. As for the voice, I think Ryōhei Kimura would also fit
Spoiler :
I've had this feeling for about 5 episodes that that cop diary holder will be one of the biggest threat
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby lloyd9988 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:And yeah, they just repeat the same things again and again. And this is a pity, since they had a good and solid plot, but it seems they just prefer put some Characters always act the same way, there's no characters developpement (and i don't think it's a good thing, it's already the 9th episode :x), there's really no work on the characters, except for yuno.
I don't know about the manga, but to me, the anime is not that good. It's not bad, though, :p A bit like deadman wonderland, it's the genre of the anime that make it interesting, not the developpement (there's no developpement anyway :D)
But well, it's a 26 episodes series, so i'll probably be surprised later.

Even though I'm on episode eight, I kinda have to agree with this point. Without any real character development, the tragedy of these characters will be less effective then if they had a character developed for them. Fan of tragedy but, again, without character development... these series of tragedies will not evoke much emotion.
~Yo~
lloyd9988

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion