Hunter x Hunter (2011)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 am

Chiikaboom wrote:Why this series doesn't have a massive following is beyond me.

Probably the most well written shonen series I've ever seen. For me, Gon is probably the most unique protagonist in the genre and I love him to pieces.
Perhaps is because of that; It's not cliche. It's an intelligent shounen and unique and it's difficult to follow for the massive audience that only want to watch the same thing over and over again (pijama ninjas...alternative samurais with swords as pets...fanservice, fanservice, online games with basic characters and fanservice...) Of course in Japan is one of the best selling mangas, but internationally...well, it's not naruto, you get my point.

Can't wait for the end of this arc. It's really sad, but I love the way Togashi closed it.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm trying to figure out what happens when the anime catches up with the manga, as there is only really 1 large arc left between the chimera ants arc and where the manga currently is. I imagine we'll be caught up in another 1-2 anime seasons (roughly a year). I can't imagine they would just start throwing out filler episodes as they would completely destroy the series for long term manga fans (who are most likely the core viewers). they would probably just have to half the series and wait for the manga to continue, which is exactly the problem the original series had.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Agreed. It's not like the usual popular shounen adaptation, they'll stop the anime at the end of elections arc and it's a matter of time about how many chapters will Togashi draw until his next 2 year hiatus xP

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:02 pm

After marathoning the 2011 series a few months ago, it's torture waiting a week for the next ep. I can't even imagine what it's like waiting for Togashi's manga hiatuses.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 pm

requiett wrote: I can't even imagine what it's like waiting for Togashi's manga hiatuses.
It's like waiting for a new Berserk's chapter

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 am

Episode 135

T-T

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 pm

definitely the most emotional scene that I can remember in a while. HxH definitely knows how to break away from the mold, as by the end of this arch it show how both humans and monsters can be equally good and evil in their own way.

Also looking forward to the next arc quite a bit, which may be the last one we see for a while.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Jasta85 wrote:as by the end of this arch it show how both humans and monsters can be equally good and evil in their own way.
THIS. :up: :up: :up:
Completely agreed. "Humans are cruel. No different from an ant. No, even worse".-

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:07 am

I'm dying. That ending killed me.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:29 pm

One of my favorite things about HxH is how it definitely shows you cant just classify people as good or bad. Humans are far too complex just to be sorted into either category. I mean Gon's actions were pretty much typical of a villian during his confrontation with Pitou, but does that make him an evil person?? I don't think so. I think a lot of people are too quick to hate on Gon just because he said a nasty thing to Killua, who's partially at fault for not being honest with Gon from the get go.

and Pitou, who knew nothing about humanity when they were born, learned it from the one they admired the most (Meruem). Does this make Pitou evil? Yes, Pitou did unforgivable things, but they were born in a position where they didnt know any better. It's really hard for me to just flat out say Pitou is evil, despite the things they have done.
Image ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”