No. 6

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: No. 6

Post by ibabrak » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 am

This show's finally getting back to the level of awesomeness it had in the beggining.
Spoiler :
I can't wait to see what lies on the button of that hole they were trown into. Also, the preview was really interesting - looks like there's going to some action
ImageImage

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 am

Turned out decent in the end =3
But definitely won't ever watch again, nor was it a favorite =P

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:04 am

Chained(E)Studio wrote:Turned out decent in the end =3
But definitely won't ever watch again, nor was it a favorite =P
to be honest, I think the end would be more "beautiful" if
Spoiler :
They both died when they were lying next to each other..
Other than that, I did enjoy this show but it had a lot of elements I would leave out.
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:02 pm

ibabrak wrote: Other than that, I did enjoy this show but it had a lot of elements I would leave out.
Such as this? :P
Spoiler :

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:24 am

AimoAio wrote:
ibabrak wrote: Other than that, I did enjoy this show but it had a lot of elements I would leave out.
Such as this? :P
Spoiler :
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8748/724218.jpg
This is one of them but I wouldn't say a strong one.. I mean, at least yaoi in combination with this kind of show is original-ish :)
ImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

boy kisses boy, dog & mouse bring baby ( instead of a stork ) and some girl goes crying
through the city ( not sure why but, her daughter has a mouse friend too! ) T_T makes sense if you don't think about it!

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:46 pm

The ending got me a little bit.. But I refuse to succumb to cheap emotional manipulation with
Spoiler :
fake deaths
and melodramatic music! :evil:

I'm not sure whether this show really was about the dystopian society or the relationship between these two guys. I was kinda intrigued that they'd incorporate a gay relationship to a story like this one but in the end it felt more like they just needed to spice up a boring orwellian story with random yaoi. Or perhaps the whole dystopian element should be interpreted as background tension for the development of their relationship. Either way, I think the show should have made a proper choice between these two aspects rather than combining them into one grand story: either there should have been a full focus on the dramatic aspects with the dystopian element left to the background or the focus should have been on the dystopian society itself. Personally, I would have liked the former better: more realism, more drama, more personal antagonisms, less bombastic elements and preferably an open ending.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”