Persona 4: The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Persona 4: The Animation

Post by mirkosp » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:37 pm

OropherZero wrote:Also move this thread to series discussion now, kthx.
HERP DERP I SAID I WOULD HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THIS SUNDAY.

Spoiler :
But done anyway. :bzz2:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
OropherZero wrote:just saw ep1. It was alright I suppose but it felt a bit forced like they are trying to cram in most of the events from the game in one episode. Also I need the english voice actors and actresses the original japanese just doesn't sound right to me anymore like Teddie and Chie :/
Im hoping the pacing slows down the next episode, because it seems like they tried to pack in the...two or three or whatever hours of gameplay 'prologue' into this ep to get it over with. This seems pretty slick though, the animation is quite nice and I like how they used the soundtrack from the game. Lots of little throwbacks to the game itself, brought a smile to my face :3

And holy crap, Igor. Igor sounds horrid >>;;;
Yeah, I felt like the scene cuts were really abrupt and made made go "wut". :uhoh: The animation is really nice though and the soundtrack makes me feel all nostalgic. Oh and I like how they kept the calender. :asd:

Also Nanoka's favourite line just doesn't sound right when it's not English. :(

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm

AimoAio wrote:Also Nanoka's favourite line just doesn't sound right when it's not English. :(
I kinda expected them to localize that, since I heard beforehand that they kept the Bear puns [Thank you, God <3], but then I realized how little sense that would make ^^;

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:05 am

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:06 pm

You know they also missed out that scene with him walking home with Chie and Yukiko. :uhoh: Don't know why I notice small things like that. XD

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Finally got time to settle down and watch it.

Oh gawdd.... The animation quality is gorgeous. I may die before this series is over. This is quality wise a million times better than I could have ever imagined it to turn out. So unique! xD

I generally love the voice actors. I was kind of disappointing how the gas station attendant was a maleish voice, when in the game, it was more female by comparison. But it's a minor complaint.

Like others, I do think they went pretty quickly with the anime movement, but they have got a HELLAVA LOT to cover to make this anime work. So you can't exactly blame them.

And holy shit they actually had the date changing thingy. <3

And the game music! <3

And holy crap Youske! <3

/ends fanboying

EDIT: One more! When he summoned Izanagi, I about lost it. XD

Hagaren, Aimo, we MUST do something with this anime as soon as it finishes.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:12 pm

so, I just got my copy of the game (I'm overseas, takes a while to get stuff). Would you all recommend the anime or game first? I've heard great things about the game, and it probably has a lot more content than the anime, so i'm worried that

a. i'll play the game and then be disappointed with the anime because it left stuff out
b. watch the anime and possibly get a bunch of spoilers for the game

considering the anime is in the process of coming out i'm thinking of just playing through the game, but just wanted to get a second opinion

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:04 am

Jasta85 wrote:so, I just got my copy of the game (I'm overseas, takes a while to get stuff). Would you all recommend the anime or game first?
You might wanna play the game first to get the full effect, but I don't think it matters tooo much either way.

Ep 2:
Spoiler :
Really nice opening and ending animation. The ED's song is pretty cool as well.

Hooo, gosh, Teddie's voice is kinda....

Did Chie just say 'hubby'?

LOVED Yosuke's confrontation with this shadow. If memory serves, they expanded on it a loooot. Yu punching him out was hilarious. "Oops, wrong guy". Are you really that aloof, Yu? XD

I was a little disappointed that the whole Social Link thing didn't happen when Yu and Yosuke became bros. I mean, they kept EVERYTHING else, and Social Link events are the thing that I end up referencing a lot XD

I think I pointed it out already, but the music they use for the next ep preview is one of my favorite tracks. Also...'Next scent'?

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:06 am

Also, forgot to mention...
CodeZTM wrote:Hagaren, Aimo, we MUST do something with this anime as soon as it finishes.
I call Kanji and Naoto, whatever we are doing~
Spoiler :
And Fox. :amv:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:24 am

play the game first, the anime is just a fan supplement =p Anyway...

INB4 Russian editors abuse awesome OP animation.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”