Persona 4: The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: Persona 4: The Animation

Post by meleechampion » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 am

For this show, yes.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:48 am

:uhoh:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:57 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote: :uhoh:
You know you're loving this show so far! :awesome:

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:34 am

No. :down:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote:No. :down:
.....I'm going to ignore you now.Goodbye. :x

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Kain-x-spirits wrote:No. :down:
.....I'm going to ignore you now.Goodbye. :x
:shark: you should edit instead of watching this show.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:04 pm

meleechampion wrote:You guys like this anime for all the wrong reasons.

:shark:
Im sorry for liking the good art, good characters and good story D:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Episode 2 was equally enjoyable. I'm ready to meet Kanji already though. He freaking makes the show. Even though Youske is my favorite character, I can admit who does the best with it.

Can't get over the fantastic art style... I think it's the hair. The shading or something around it.. The colors maybe? They look so unique/genuine and just downright pretty.
Spoiler :
Mkkkay. Teddie is just plain hilarious. Much better than I had imagined. I love his violence in pushing them out of the TV. Oh, and those sad eyes. How can you NOT go for that. XD

Creepy boss from the gaming world was ridiculously creepy. Forgot his name for the moment. He wasn't all that important anyway. Cast/created beautifully. Those eyes. DAMN. Crazy...

Youske's eyes when he found out she died... And then when he started hearing her voice say all those things about him... THE SADNESS. ;_________; I could probably do an entire AMV around that by itself... /heartbreak about poor Youske

And wow... Shadow Youske. O_O Just... Wow. Talk about appropriate artwork/voiceacting. Then again, the shadow people are what made me love the game so much. It's really quite painful to see the dark parts of yourself pop out. Oooh. THat laughing. <3

Same battle music as the actual shadow bosses with "Face Yourself?" WEWT. <3

The thing I really liked most about the episode is how they really utilized how the personas do all the work, and that the people are more or less ridiculously reliant on them. OOh. And especially when they did all the TV stuff to really hit home Youske's lonliness and hatred of the boonies. I seriously hope they do something great with the rest of them, since this is really turning into quite a great character profiling anime with real character development.

Then, we've also got the lovely fact that the personas really do just want to be accepted by their users. GREAT addition.
All in all, this is probably turning into one of my favorite anime I've seen, even disregarding past the part that it's one of my favorite games too.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 pm

I don't watch too much anime, but reading all of this thread, I got excited and I figured I'd give it a try and I was sorely disappointed. So far, it's...alright. And I don't understand the gushing over the animation, that is also just....alright. I'll keep watching for a bit, maybe two episodes isn't enough.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 pm

I would be surprised if anyone who hasn't played the game enjoys this actually, it caters for existing fans rather than trying to pull in new fans which is evident by the fast pace. Like I only like it now because it's "OMG they used the 'I'll face myself' boss battle theme", "OMG this scene was from that part of the game where...", "hnnnnnnrrrrgggggg Yukiko" >_> Probably acts as extra marketing for the PS Vita port of the game and PS3 fighter of it next year.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”