Hana-Saku Iroha

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: Hana-Saku Iroha

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Only one more to go!
This has been my favourite summer anime, I have been following it all the way. So glad that its ending sort of happily. But you never know for the final episode especially with..
Spoiler :
Madam Manager getting weaker.. and weaker..

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 am

I enjoyed this show. A lot.

What does that say about me? >.>

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:21 pm

meleechampion wrote:I enjoyed this show. A lot.

What does that say about me? >.>
That you enjoy a good slice of life anime now and then? At least that's what I'm sticking with since I enjoyed it too :awesome:

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 am

Weee!
It was good, I haven't enjoyed most of the animes this summer except this one and Ano Hana. They both have been the top of the cake for me =D
I think the ending was perfect, some tears of joy from myself proved that on my end ^^

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:19 am

Watched 4 episodes just now. If I can pretend that the third episode didn't happen I'm enjoying this so far.

And the person above who commented that it has a similar feel to it as Ano Hana then I deffinitely agree.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Ok I saw the last episode yesterday. Here's my verdict:
Spoiler :
On the one hand, it was a decent slice-of-life anime in the sense that the drama never got boring inspite of the shallow characters (it's anime...what was I expecting?). I can't believe Ohana's feelings towards Ko managed to be interesting even after 26 episodes when in fact nothing really happened between them.

On the other hand, I found the emphasis on work ethics really off-putting. Is it just Japanese mentality or a reaction to the economic crisis that the working class ought to be disciplined with this nonsense? The show is so serious about that it's a little bit ridiculous. Is it really about a teenaged girl growing up or about the same girl slowly conforming to her exploitation? :uhoh: Unfortunately it seemed to me like the show leaned towards the latter option. Further clues signaling about this right wing attitude are provided when the show demonized the part time workers in the episodes where Ohana's class visited that big inn. Yeah, who would quit her job when she only gets limited working hours, a lot of hard work for a minimum wage and a boss who does nothing but yell at her? Evil bitches! And Ohana's grandma, was she supposed to be a strict old woman with a human heart in the end? I thought she was as an exploitative bitch to the end :P She paid salaries according to her own will, exploited and physically abused her underage workers and decided to close the inn without much concern for her employees.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm

WHY DOESN'T THIS SHOW HAVE MORE LOVE? :x

I got hooked on episode 1 and now I'm on episode 7 and loving it still. :awesome: I can't say it's awesome because it's story/plot doesn't really compare with other shows I've watched(eg.Steins;Gate) since it IS a slice of life. And I can't say the characters are the best part of it because...well they're not even though they are very well written - Ohana is my favourite so far. :ying: Basically I don't really know any good words to accurately describe this show.... but it's got this charm to it that keeps me watching and I've never gotten bored once. It's just.....good. :up:

Oh and the animation is pretty. Which is always a plus. ME LIEK SHINY. |:>

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 am

The film released on Blu-ray about a week ago for anyone interested. A subbed release came out yesterday or today.

Anyways I really enjoyed the film. There wasn't a really intense plot but I loved seeing more of these characters. I thought the backstory with the mom was great as well. That kiss was really cute. :up:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”