Kore wa Zombie Desuka? Of the Dead

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Kore wa Zombie Desuka?

Post by EvaFan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:53 am

I picked this up due to the comments mostly, and am glad I did. Poster and synopsis seemed kinda Meh though. I think I'll stop reading those and just watch a few episodes in before straying away from now on.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:10 pm

This is so far my comedic favorite of the season.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:47 am

Zombie Magical Girl (except he's a boy) with a chainsaw? Ninja Vampire? Kicks which aren't really kicks? I don't know what's going on anymore... This series is so weird in that positive, wacky way. Do want more. I can only hope it doesn't end up being totally unwatchable later on.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Kosmit wrote:.. I can only hope it doesn't end up being totally unwatchable later on.
.. That should not be a problem ^__^
I would be curios to see who the blonde girl ends-up being ..
a new character or, well; it would explain why he was brought back to life
and ends-up wearing a magical girls dress 8-) :asd: :rofl:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Ep 4 .. zheesh; I hate it when I'm this right!!
Spoiler :

yup .. He's a She .. and more!

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:15 pm

ddaaawwww. he's so cute when hes cutting whales in half :rofl:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 pm

aww, wanted to just give yuu a hug when she was crying. was a touching scene...then there was this big whale and the sentimental moment completely disappeared lol.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Really this show is so unpredictable, all bets are off for genre. It goes from silliness to weirdness to drama to magical girl... guy... ... whatever... to action to horror all in a single episode. It's more random than family guy at times. I totally foresaw a giant whale wearing a buttoned suite firing lazer beams :uhoh: .

What's next? Since they seem to like using sea creatures... a giant squid?.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Seriously, during that scene with Yuu I was like "JUST HUG HER ALREADY" ...though that would have spawned more than just one whale >______> Probably my favorite show this season.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Well... My plot instincts tell me something happened in Yuu's past that released a magic freeing her hatred/anger side or something. So basically a clone is going around killing people and the souls are being used to either power it up or create these giant creatures "Megalos". I don't think yuu has anything to do with them really. Seems the most obvious.

There is another way it could be though that is typical, we find it in blood+. Evil twin sister that doesn't value life whatsoever and thinks humans don't deserve to live, apocalypse, etc etc..., and there was something in the past that involved yuu and her, maybe even a love triangle... I am sure of one thing though, the murderer is not a typical human, the eyes glowing red during the kill gave that away too easily.

Too early to make any serious decisions. I like these kinds of stories that don't give the whole story away at the beginning then play off of it for the remainder of the series/manga. It's a trait not found in many anime/manga anymore IMO.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”