Bakuman. (2012)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Bakuman. (2012)

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:10 pm

AniDB wrote:Bakuman follows the story of high school student Mashiro Moritaka, a talented artist who does not know what he wants to do with his future. One day he draws a picture of Azuki Miho, a girl he is secretly fond of, during class and forgets the notebook at school. He comes back to find that his classmate Takagi Akito is waiting for him with his notebook. Takagi tries to convince Mashiro to become a mangaka, a manga artist, with him, only leading to Mashiro's disagreement. Mashiro goes home and thinks about his mangaka uncle, who had only one successful series before he died in obscurity. Mashiro is interrupted by a phone call from Takagi, who says that he is going to tell Azuki that Mashiro likes her. Mashiro runs down to Azuki's house to find Takagi waiting for him. Once Azuki comes out to meet them, Takagi tells her that he and Mashiro are aiming to be mangaka. Mashiro then learns that she wants to be a seiyuu, a voice actor, and has shown promise in the field. Mashiro, once again thinking about his uncle, accidentally proposes to Azuki who accepts. However, she will only marry him after they achieve their dreams.
EDIT: Thread title updated to S2.
EDIT2: Thread title updated to S3.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Bakuman

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 pm

I'll definitely be following this one.
Spoiler :
The surprise confession made me lol so hard.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Even if will be a 25 episodes anime, i'm watching the anime
because Bakuman is the first manga i started to read since the
chapter 1 and i really love it, personally is my favorite
no-mainstream shonen manga. The voices were really nice
and the confession scene was more kickass than the Vomic
they made long ago XD

Now let's wait for Niizuma !! :bzz: :bzz2:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Episode 1 was total lols. 'Followed the manga quite well.
'Seems like this will certainly be an interesting show. ^_^

I also kind of wish they kept that first fake OP as the real OP for awhile, because the real OP sucks monkey. >>;

We don't want to hear a Jpop boy band singing about romance calmly,
we want some crazy rock song composed of manliness and pen ink. D8

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 pm

I think I'll be bored with this anime, as I am following the manga and am already quite satisfied. I will wait for now though, just to see what Niizuma and Fukuda sound/look like. :p
Image Image

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:05 am

Well by judging first episodes, this one looks like the only one I'll end up staying with to the end.
:up:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:30 pm

I wanted to see Hiramaru in the anime but maybe he wasn't considerated )=
Agree with Taite, let's wait for Niizuma and Fukuda! ....and Aoki 8D

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:38 am

The first episode really got me hooked, so I took the chance of reading the manga aswell.

I've reached about 32 chapters in one day, and I'm really enjoying it. Only thing is bothering me at the moment, is the whole ''we can't meet each others until we've reached our dreams'' At first it was kinda sweet, but now it's just getting a bit rediculous..

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:31 am

Niwa wrote:The first episode really got me hooked, so I took the chance of reading the manga aswell.

I've reached about 32 chapters in one day, and I'm really enjoying it. Only thing is bothering me at the moment, is the whole ''we can't meet each others until we've reached our dreams'' At first it was kinda sweet, but now it's just getting a bit rediculous..
Agree, but well, it's because it was a bit ridiculous that the authors made some changes in the argument XD

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:56 pm

episode 3: the plot just got really deep. I'm talking John Holmes deep. This could get pretty good. I'm not huge into dramas but this could be pretty interesting if you throw in some plot twists.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”