HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AznBoiBryant
Org Profile

Re: HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD

Post by AznBoiBryant » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 am

Megamom wrote:It´s like Resindet evil but with Fanservice :P
I like fan service.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 am

sigh... guess I might as well give up all hopes of a good, serious zombie anime. All shit hit the fan for this series when stupid fanservice was thrown in.
:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
Image Image

Êricō
Org Profile

Post by Êricō » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:03 am

The amount of fanservice is somewhat annoying but I guess that if it wasn't for it, this would be the most intense anime I have ever seen. Not in terms of violence or blood, (doesn't compare as close to the 80's cyberpunk), but it depicts scenes of immeasurable abuse. How many anime is there that full on abuses girls like that, like the fellow BFF condemming her to death, getting kicked down the stairs and then generally getting eaten by a zombie. Maybe the creator has something wierd for ryona maybe?
I do all the right things for all the wrong reasons.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:26 am

Can I get a fanservice percentage on this thing? Like... 50% fanservice? Higher or lower?

Because I might ghet, but fanservice anime really bug the crap out of me if it's TOO over the top and blatantly obvious.

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:28 am

Well... the manga had less but with the anime, I see potential for zoomed in panty shots and stuff. So hopefully, but I'm not gonna hold my breath, there will be less of it like in the manga. (Even though it has a decent amount?)
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:39 am

When you watch a horror movie, do you get offended when suddenly people get naked and start shagging on screen? No, because its expected. Because its typical of the horror genre. It is part of the package whether you like it or not, and if you don't, maybe you should go back to your sappy chick flicks. The amount of fanservice in HotD is perfectly appropriate for the genre, and those who have a problem with it should leave.

Became
Org Profile

Post by Became » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:20 am

i don't think that Highschool of The Dead is a fanservice animal.
i really hate the actress of it!

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 am

Seems like it's going out of its way to show panties here and there but that happens in just about every anime if you ask me... Though they are wearing such short skirts, while fighting it's not like its not expected to see them at some point regardless of camera angles. I won't say drop it now if your already bothered by fanservice but don't expect it to tone down any if it follows the manga's style.

I'm kinda amused by the fanservice annoyance level here though cause this really isn't much compared to the standards released these days. I agree it would be great to have them take this completely seriously and get rid of some of the blatant fanservice shots but without some of them the cruelty and madness of the situations etc would not be as impactive (atleast for me). Like for instance the part on the stairs where she was getting eaten after her friend kicked her.

All in all if you watch the show telling yourself that the fanservice is going to kill it for you then it's probably going to kill it for you regardless of what you see. There's plenty of seriousness in the show so far on just the first episode that the minimal amount of fanservice seemed latent to me. Try taking your focus off worrying so much about the fanservice and maybe you will enjoy it. Though I'm just a horror fanatic and a zombie anime was something to look forward too for me regardless.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Became
Org Profile

Post by Became » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:15 am

EvaFan wrote:Seems like it's going out of its way to show panties here and there but that happens in just about every anime if you ask me... Though they are wearing such short skirts, while fighting it's not like its not expected to see them at some point regardless of camera angles. I won't say drop it now if your already bothered by fanservice but don't expect it to tone down any if it follows the manga's style.

I'm kinda amused by the fanservice annoyance level here though cause this really isn't much compared to the standards released these days. I agree it would be great to have them take this completely seriously and get rid of some of the blatant fanservice shots but without some of them the cruelty and madness of the situations etc would not be as impactive (atleast for me). Like for instance the part on the stairs where she was getting eaten after her friend kicked her.

All in all if you watch the show telling yourself that the fanservice is going to kill it for you then it's probably going to kill it for you regardless of what you see. There's plenty of seriousness in the show so far on just the first episode that the minimal amount of fanservice seemed latent to me. Try taking your focus off worrying so much about the fanservice and maybe you will enjoy it. Though I'm just a horror fanatic and a zombie anime was something to look forward too for me regardless.
:up:
well
the situation of the stairs surprises me
anyway , i am willing to look forward to the next set

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:45 am

It's finally here.... :up: :up:
When Nikolakis told me there would be an anime like that some weeks ago I couldn't believe it.But when I confirmed it...

Being a hardcore Resident Evil fan and still playing every single game of them available, having watched most well-known zombie movies, I feel really lucky to watch an anime containing exactly this theme.And what a start!!The first episode really blew me off and immediately made me decide to edit a new amv.With music from Resident Evil games OSTs,of course!! :D

The abuse of fanservice is the only minus so far but if the plot advances well,I don't think it will diminish my interest for this series.Waiting for the second ep like mad...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”