HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Ishbalan
Org Profile

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD

Post by Ishbalan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 pm

MAL wrote:A mysterious, lethal disease is on the loose worldwide, resulting in a catastrophic death rate of humanity, and the increasing rise of attacks, caused by the living dead.
In Japan, several high school students and a school nurse have banded together to escape Fujimi High School shortly after it was attacked by zombies. The group now attempts to figure who or what was responsible for this plague, and in the meantime, attempt to survive the present apocalypse.
The story is initially narrated through the eyes of Takashi Komuro, one of the students who had survived in the initial outbreak.
The plot is very simple.

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

Been waiting for a good zombie anime for a long time. Don't disappoint me, Madhouse!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 pm

I was about to open this myself. :asd: Moved.

----

Possibly best show of the season, although it totally isn't my thing.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 pm

I'll let you know after I'm done with "Seitokai Yakuindomo"

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:44 pm

YES YES YES YES!!! This looks freaking amazing. Great emotion, graphics, plot and best of all: zombies! I'm calling best anime of the season. First episode was wicked cool and I only expect it to get better. I got high hopes for this one.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

post-it wrote:Image
WHAT IS THIS SUGAR COATED FLOWERY GARBAGE DOING IN MY ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE THREAD.

Oh, I'm excited and probably will be posting thoughts about this as well as keeping up with this show as it releases for once in a while. Will watch ep1 tomorrow too tired from the sun+beach to focus/watch it.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm not really one for Zombies, but I might check this one out.
Apparently there's quite a bit of fanservice in it, though. Egh. ._.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 pm

EkaCoralian wrote: Apparently there's quite a bit of fanservice in it, though.
rofl. Best scene so far was when they students were panicking and it showed on clip of a guy kicking a girl in the back while she's going down the stairs. All i could think was "Hm ... she's probably going to fall, get trampled and end up dying. That's really not the sort of scenario you'd normally associate with a panty shot ..." somehow i chuckled at that. I'm a sick bastard, i know. :nose:

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 pm

If you're familiar at all with the genre, you shouldn't be surprized to find fanservice.
Go pop your cherry on Zombie Strippers and then come back and tell me the pantyshots are out of place.

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Read the manga and this is the one I'm most looking forward too out of those that came out.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm

'Never seen an anime involving zombies in my life, so I wouldn't know. 'Just speaking from my experience of seeing LA zombie flicks, is all.
I watched episode 1. Animation was really nice, and the VAs did a great job. I think I'm still not over my dislike for gore anime, so I wasn't a fan of baseball bats to the head and such. I knew something of that sort would be shown so I was taking a chance in watching it, thinking that its been too long since I've seen a gore anime and I could handle it.
So yeah, did not like the gore. Or the fanservice. But overall it was very well structured and I'm sure the anime will be great, just not for me.

I think I'll read the manga: somehow ink-blood doesn't affect me very much.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”