Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

EkaCoralian wrote: But the biggest question on my mind is... what... the crap... did Keito do to Sugata in EPISODE 18?! They just left it at that! :down:
GOSH, seconded ><

Not a fan of Kou or Madoka either, design or personality wise. Their third phase abaility to posses people was interesting, but they don't really do much with the opportunity [I was honestly expecting some TakutoxSugata going on, considering how that pairing is mentioned every so often in series XD]. I dont really know what they were even trying to accomplish. Heck, using Tauburn like the mentioned would have been very interesting as well. All in all, it was a neat concept, but totally wasted.

The birthday aspects, on the other hand, were really fun. "Even the onions must be punished", eh Sugata? Maybe this show would be better off if they split it into two different series entirely, the school aspect and the fighting. I find myself enjoying the former a lot more lately.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 pm

wow, talk about revelations into the past of some characters. ep 20 shows some wierd stuff near the end

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

This episode was quite good! I really liked how everything was revealed (even though I guess I'm still confused as to why Reiji's waiting for the person to wake up if, y'know, eyepatch man gave him a mark)
I also was pretty gobsmacked at how that was a guy (lolyaoihints). Also, who the heck was he? XD Random dude with a mark, alright then.

Anyways, good episode was good. I like Reiji more now. : D

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:This episode was quite good! I really liked how everything was revealed (even though I guess I'm still confused as to why Reiji's waiting for the person to wake up if, y'know, eyepatch man gave him a mark)
I also was pretty gobsmacked at how that was a guy (lolyaoihints). Also, who the heck was he? XD Random dude with a mark, alright then.

you like him more? lol, if anything the ep showed how much of a douche he is. and how old is he anyway, considering he looks exactly the same as in the past

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 am

Jasta85 wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:This episode was quite good! I really liked how everything was revealed (even though I guess I'm still confused as to why Reiji's waiting for the person to wake up if, y'know, eyepatch man gave him a mark)

you like him more? lol, if anything the ep showed how much of a douche he is. and how old is he anyway, considering he looks exactly the same as in the past
Well technically if only for the background on the guy. xD; The mystery behind his character irked me for the longest time.
And I'm really not sure: some people say that not aging is his first phase, but its debateable because I'm not sure if passing on a mark from someone to someone else means that the new person gets the same first phase. *shrugs*

I have a feeling his lack of aging has something to do with his motive to make Cybodies move in real time.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Double post, sorreh.
Strike Witches in my Star Driver? More likely than you'd think!

Episode was alright; I liked the idea behind the new designs for the Cybodies (but I think very little happened in this episode. Most of it was about the regeneration.)
And was that a first phase we saw from Wako finally? :'D Hoping for elaboration on it next episode.

Speaking of the next episode,
I don't like to be reduced to a mind-wiped fangirl very much, but... eeeee. c': <3

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:10 am

Episode 22 was cute~ The kiss was so cute. :'3

And episode 23...
THE ENDING. FFFFFF (I mean I saw it coming buy STILL, FFFF ;___; )

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm

I DIDNT SEE IT COMING, WHAT THE HECK IS THIS >>;;;;
Spoiler :
I apparently missed the part where everyone suddenly knew who Takuto's father was. Was that when Takuto fought him in the first place?

Also, Takuto Punch Sugata Missile made me lol.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 pm

^Yeah I guess it was during that fight,
Spoiler :
but honestly I don't really see how Takuto could guess Reiji was his Dad right off the bat. I mean he fought him, but Reiji was in a Cybody. All technicalities considered, he wouldn't have been able to know it was him since Cybodies aren't see-through. xD Unless it was a weirdly special Cybody.
Also,
Spoiler :
<3

<3 <3

<3 <3 <3
AND ONE LAST THING.
Lolsimiliarities. :'D

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 pm

24 was a pretty good episode [I finally got my cliffhanger fight...sorta], and 25 seems like it should be a heckuva battle. I can't help but imagine that the finale won't be as clean as I'd like it to be They just shoved SO many characters and backstories into this show, and it feels like they haven't properly touched on all of them which is partially to say I want more Mizuno dagnabbit. Who knows, maybe we'll get a season 2 out of this.

I might have to rewatch the series though, as I must have forgotten some plot points...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”