Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Ohhh, ok.
Also, 14 is up now. After a 2 week break, they finally got to it. I actually quite liked episode 14, especially with Ayingott in berserker mode.
New OP & ED, too. Kind of irritated that they reused footage in the beginning of each, but I like the new OP a lot and the new ED is fairly nice.
EkaCoralian

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Aah, I got pretty pumped with the "Evil" Cybody going beserk and was expecting an interesting fight, but...nope, just ended like every other fight. I know this is the first time he has *actually* done it, but I kinda wish Sugata wouln't feel the need to jump in and save Takuto in every battlle.

Everything else was nifty though. The new OP/EDs were ok, but the animations for them were pretty cool.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Mm, indeed. (Aso, *loves your avatar there* :awesome: )

Episode 15 was actually really cool beans. Its been awhile since I've started watching Star Driver where I've sat back and thought 'Wow, that was seriously cool.' Which is kind of sad, but I have a feeling the next 10 episodes will make up for the last 5.

Also,
Sugata has contortionist's wrists. Seriously.xD
EkaCoralian

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:41 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:Mm, indeed. (Aso, *loves your avatar there* :awesome: )

Episode 15 was actually really cool beans. Its been awhile since I've started watching Star Driver where I've sat back and thought 'Wow, that was seriously cool.' Which is kind of sad, but I have a feeling the next 10 episodes will make up for the last 5.

Also,
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p240/hylian-princess/ep15.png
Sugata has contortionist's wrists. Seriously.xD

I can almost do that, it's not too hard if you've got flexible joints.

btw, am i dreaming or does there seem to be actual plot progression as of ep 15? not to mention i think this is one of the first eps without a fight in it. hopefully they will pick up the pace and finish this series in a good way.
Jasta85

Postby dukeJoe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 am

when is the nxt aired date for the next episode?
im quite disappointed with that previous ep which has no fighting scene.. :(

Postby EkaCoralian » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 am

^Qutie the opposite for me. I find the episodes without fights to be some of the best, sometimes. xD
Minus berserker Ayingott. That was p. cool.

And episodes air every Sunday, so episode 16 will be up on the 23rd.
EkaCoralian

Postby dukeJoe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:00 pm

oh' i see.. just find it a little boring although i recall some ep (without any fight scene) which really got me into.
And thanks for the info'.I will check that out this 23rd .. :D

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Episode 16:
I had some fun with a screencap I took. :awesome:

Anyways, episode 16 was really good! I did not see Mizuno's repressed secret coming. o_o
Head's actually kinda badass too. =o

Next episode looks like its going back to being fillertastic though. 'Shame. =c
EkaCoralian

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 pm

this episode should have happened like 6 episodes back, there is so much stuff i feel was just plain unnecessary in the first season. anyway, for the first time the fight was actually somewhat exciting, for the first time I wasn't sure if he would actually win or not.
Jasta85

Postby Hagaren Viper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

A tad behind on things, but I have to say it was honestly a bit unnerving to see Mizuno so distressed,so Im glad things got pretty well resolved for her in this ep. Does this count as Break The Cutie? Was a little disappointed in that I was 'spoiled' by an anime blogger's theory about Marino - that she was really a clone created by Mizuno. Honestly don't think I would have quite caught that otherwise until this ep, would have come off as more of a shock. but hey, still interesting.

And this ep's fight was pretty awesome, wasn't the two-parter I was hoping for, but it was still pretty intense and a bit longer than most.

I wonder if Ginga Bishonen shounds quite as silly in japan as Galactic Prettyboy sounds here? "You didnt think you were the only Galactic Prettyboy, did you?" *snorts*

EkaCoralian wrote:Mm, indeed. (Aso, *loves your avatar there* :awesome: )

Thanks, I watched the movie recently and this face made me lol so much I just had to use it XD
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby uncreative » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I wonder if Ginga Bishonen shounds quite as silly in japan as Galactic Prettyboy sounds here? "You didnt think you were the only Galactic Prettyboy, did you?" *snorts*

It does. There's not a language in the world where that sounds normal. They talk a bit about why they used that phrase in an interview translated here, but mostly it's for the lulz.
uncreative

Postby Hagaren Viper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Im see everyone was loving this ep.

Plot wasn't quite as existent as the previous ep, but there was still more than other eps.

The green haired chick....she honestly sounded like a man, it was actually kinda distracting.

"Can you be a female Galactic Pretty Boy?" Yeeeah, this show officially doesn't take itself seriously. I mean, it was obvious from the get-go, but dang XD

And Takuto pulled out another superawesome move from his butt again. it was admittedly cool, but there's not much weight to these fights anymore...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

Check it. Kou and Madoka are Sailor Uranus and Neptune, except their hair colors are switched. XD
I found it amusing since the guy who worked on Sailor Moon works on this. :'D xD I wish their voices were the same as SM's though, that would've been hilarious. xD

Anyways, alright episode was alright. Not liking the new maiden choice very much, but Head's new plans for the Crux prove to be interesting. :up:
EkaCoralian

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Double post, my apologies.

Episode 19:
Good God, Takuto's just got moe overload there.

A good episode, though a bit much. Besides, where did Takuto and Sugata's consciousness go if Kou and Madoka posessed them? They don't remember anything and they certainly couldn't posess the womens' bodies. :\
But the biggest question on my mind is... what... the crap... did Keito do to Sugata in EPISODE 18?! They just left it at that! :down:
I thought Wako's birthday celebration was cute! :'3 Lol Takuto taking a photo of Sugata crying over onions (and Sugata punishes the onions of all things? XD)
I continue to dislike Kou and Madoka. Kou's Ginga Bishounen transformation was lame. What a random pose. :I
Anyways, next episode looks like something I'll enjoy extremely! Hello PLOT DEVELOPMENT! :'D
EkaCoralian

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm

so now they notice? lol
Jasta85

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion