Magical Girl Raising Project

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Magical Girl Raising Project

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 pm

ANN wrote: A social game called The Magical Girl Raising Project allows one in tens of thousands of people to be a "magical girl" — possessing extraordinary physical capabilities and looks, as well as special magical powers that set them apart from the rest of the human race. But one day, in a district containing 16 magical girls, the administration announces that it must halve the number of magical girls to solve the problem of magical energy. At first, the 16 magical girls race to collect more "magical candy" than their competitors, but the rules quickly become twisted, and it quickly becomes a murderous battle for survival among them.
Image Available on Crunchyroll

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Magical Girl Raising Project

Post by Kireblue » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:19 am

I really hope that this show doesn't disappoint me in the end. The first 2 episodes really raised my hopes up for it.
Spoiler :
It seems that we have the bastard child of Madoka and SAO. It's already beaten Madoka by 1 ep in terms of having its first death, so hopefully it wont cop-out at the end like Day Break Illusion.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Madoka had several series that tried to do the whole dark world of magical girls thing but didn't really pull it off (at least to my satisfaction). Hopefully this one changes that.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Jasta85 wrote:Madoka had several series that tried to do the whole dark world of magical girls thing but didn't really pull it off (at least to my satisfaction). Hopefully this one changes that.
yeah, "Daybreak Illusion" and "Yuki Yuna is a Hero" are probably the 2 most noteworthy of the Madoka clones that came out, but I agree. They didn't really live up to the expectations that I had for them. They weren't bad though.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Episode 3
Spoiler :
This show pretty much skipped episode 2 of Madoka and went straight to 3. Then it skipped 4,5, and 6 and went straight to 7. Really didn't expect the reveal to happen so fast.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:12 pm

OMG! Episode 4 gave me so much confidence that this show is gonna be awesome all the way through
Spoiler :
And the coup of the century award goes to.....

THIS BITCH RIGHT HERE! :bzz: :bzz2: |:> :taco: :beer: :awesome: :rofl:

Swim Swim just became my favorite character of the series. That coup was magnificent! Not sure if she can keep Top speed from taking back the distinction of best girl, but we shall see. :asd:

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:18 am

I'm currently watching madoka for the first time I'm only at episode 6 but I might have to check this out after I'm done with that.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Episode 6
Spoiler :
Well.....we now know that this show doesn't have a problem with showing gore....

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Episode 9
Spoiler :
kireblue wrote: Swim Swim just became my favorite character of the series. That coup was magnificent! Not sure if she can keep Top speed from taking back the distinction of best girl, but we shall see. :asd:
I take it all back. Me and Swim Swim are fkn done. I had so much hope for her

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”