Fukushu

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MajinKenshinAMV
Org Profile

Fukushu

Post by MajinKenshinAMV » Mon May 03, 2010 4:10 am

Hey everyone, It's been a long time since my last vid (bout 6 years), but I've finally made something new. Since it's been so long, I figured I'd start with something I'm familiar with so this is purely an action video with minimal effects.

I'll be working on something a little different in the future, but for now please let me know what you think of this one. It's something I've been wanting to work on for awhile, and I really enjoyed making it. Thanks again, everyone, for all your support.

-Majin Kenshin

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Fukushu

Post by dreamawake » Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 am

I must be hallucinating...maybe the lack of sleep has finally caught up to me.

Edit:

To say "You still got it" would be an under statement. Goddamn it's good to have you back, hopefully to stay?

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 am

finally... FINALLY! a good Claymore AMV on the org. Great synch and I liked that only 1/4-1/3 of the vid was teresa arc focussed and there was lots of Clare-goodness. 5/5

Stick around and edit moar 8-)

Elcalavero
Org Profile

Post by Elcalavero » Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 am

This is great,
looking forward to your future amvs :)

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:00 pm

:shock: 4/5
ImageImageImageImageImage

MajinKenshinAMV
Org Profile

Post by MajinKenshinAMV » Mon May 03, 2010 1:38 pm

To say "You still got it" would be an under statement. Goddamn it's good to have you back, hopefully to stay?
That is very nice to hear. I plan on sticking around for a bit, but I have so much learning to do to catch up with all the sicko editors that are around these days. Thanks for the compliment.
finally... FINALLY! a good Claymore AMV on the org. Great synch and I liked that only 1/4-1/3 of the vid was teresa arc focussed and there was lots of Clare-goodness. 5/5
I suppose it's mean to say, but I felt the same way when I was searching through Claymore AMVs.

Wow I really expected my first comments to be negative ones, haha. That is good to see, thanks guys.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon May 03, 2010 2:05 pm

6 years eh? As Joey said, whatever it was you had, you still got. This was good shit. But it obviously wasn't as much a blast-from-the-past for me as it was for him. To me this video just proves what I've thought all along about the previous generation of editors. They weren't any better or worse than the current one. Good editing will always be good editing, period.

This video wasn't perfect. The sync occasionally faltered and I didn't really like some of the effects. I don't think a video should have to revert to camera shakes to sync. There was no point or story there either but I won't hold that against it. Even without reading its description this video was obviously made just for fun and should be watched as such. This video was probably as much fun to make as it is to watch and that's really all it needs. I can pick at it as much as I want but there's no denying that it's just plain awesome.

MajinKenshinAMV
Org Profile

Post by MajinKenshinAMV » Mon May 03, 2010 2:24 pm

This video wasn't perfect. The sync occasionally faltered and I didn't really like some of the effects. I don't think a video should have to revert to camera shakes to sync. There was no point to it either but I won't hold that against it. Even without reading it's description this video was obviously made just for fun and should be watched as such. This video was probably as much fun to make as it is to watch and that's really all it needs. I can pick at it as much as I want but there's no denying that it's just plain awesome.
Nitpicking is perfectly fine, it gives me something to work with. Thank you for your compliments and your criticism.

For the shaking, I feel the same way as you. The only part I added with shake was the grayscale part, and I felt it fit the mood because it was a big event in the story. It just didn't feel right when I made it without it.

As for the Sync, I've had a couple friends say the same thing, and then as they watched it more they realized it was timed to different instruments. Some don't like that I changed between, and some do. Maybe this isn't the case for you, hard to say.

Thanks again.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon May 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Makes my 4 years not so impressive >_>... But this was good ol' action. Enjoyed and approved :D :up:

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm

I really liked the flaw of the video. You used the zooming effect pretty well, and while I don't generally like videos that speed up the footage, I must admit you did it just fine. At the first part it looked like the sync went off a little, but considering the type of music and all the amount of beats that it has, it's a subjective matter. In most cases sync looked fine to me.

One thing, you slowed down the footage at 2.46 or is the player lagging? Because if it was slowed down, then that's one of the only problems I'm seeing on the video (I hate slowed down footage even more than speed up ones :P). I didn't dislike the shaking that much, after all it wasn't abused, even if it isn't really necessary.

Overall I liked it :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”