[PretentiousBrackets] La geometria non è un reato

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: [PretentiousBrackets] La geometria non è un reato

Post by Mol » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 pm

neat.
Slow but fine just ending bothered me a little because one went away ;P

lol @ poster o;
Still better than that MMO.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 pm

The love triangle was augly one but this amv was acute vid for sure or atleast the ending was :| . This amv felt really weird, don't know how else to explain it, but like everyones said so far the atmosphere was definitely there :up:, till the end. I think I would have enjoyed this alot more had I not seen the anime for some reason, doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though. The tension between the characters and the song with the scenes used was practically tangible, angst like no tomorrow. My only real problem with this was the ending. The way you set this whole vid up it was like their was gonna be some kinda tragedy or something at the end (the song played a major roll in this too) with all the powerful drama that was building up. Had the anime had something like that in it this could very well have been drama of the year 2011 for me.

4/5

Needz moar school days ending.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 am

and what I really loved was all of the fade to blacks!! oh wait... no I didn't. I also missed on what was going on with the love triangle thing... it's really late and I don't usually notice individual ppl in amvs anyway. I'll d/l and dissect the amv and leave you a detailed op later. Still a decent flick that I'm sure I'm underrating due to disappointment.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm

ok I take that back lol perhaps the amv wasn't blacking out as much as I was blacking out -_- that and the preview, which is always dark, I thought I saw a ton more fade to blacks then there was ^_^ I take that back. always watch the actual file before grading (helps to be awake)
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Ileia wrote:Uh..I don't recall anyone falling over.
Maybe they're talking about at 2:54, cause it looks like she's falling over to me.

Pretty cool mood you had going. I particularly liked that you used different cutting patterns throughout the video.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

-BL-
Org Profile

Post by -BL- » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Enjoyed watching this :D
Good stuff :up:

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 am

It's always interesting to see different editing styles from you :up:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:55 am

I definitely dig the video a lot. I really love it when people take a different and clever spin on genres, and this does it quite well. :up:
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

At times, watching this video reminds me of Meikle Lane, a small side street I used to walk near the apartment I grew up in. That street seemed to change itself depending on the time. During the day, it was a hot sweat trap with too few shadows that smelled of oleanders and gravel. But at night the crumbling asphalt smeared into the sky and drowned itself in stars and orange street light glow.

Which is to say, I like this video quite a bit and hope someday to replicate this mood.

Bleep Bloop.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 pm

I think this post is meant for the other thread. Good stuff, though.
Under Construction

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”