[AuN - Deshi] Seventh heaveN - A Eureka seven amv

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

[AuN - Deshi] Seventh heaveN - A Eureka seven amv

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Yea this was my masters entry for AWA 2009, took me a while to release it mostly because I had planned to do some more tweaks, but lost the project files. The rest is laziness ;p Anyways, heres the vid as it showed at AWA.

Its a pretty simple vid, Edited in span of about 5 days right before masters deadline.

Btw, The editing style with all the panning and scene chages to the beat was an experiment, that will probably be a love it or hate it thing. :sweat:

Contains major movie spoilerage.

Update: 480p Xvid version now available on direct link. If you have any issues playing the 720p H264, try that.
Last edited by Bakadeshi on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Re: [AuN - Deshi] Seventh heaveN - A Eurika seven amv

Post by Niwa » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Took you time ;p

/gets

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 pm

I don't know... I just couln't really get into it. The scene selection felt really off,
and to be honest I don't agree on the source used for this song to begin with.
One of the bigger issues I had with the video was the random valocity changes (especially the up speeding).

In general it's not bad really, I just couldn't feel it or get into it.
Sorry man :?

You'll get to do a better job on the next AuN MEP (: :up:
ImageImageImage

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 pm

It has the feel of a small project that only required a few days to finish, but that's not surprising (or necessarily bad) because the concept's pretty straightforward. I prefer the cleaner action synch you use in your other videos though. :P

I didn't know there was a Eureka Seven movie. Looks cute!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I actually thought that was pretty good for 5 days of editing. :up: And I like the new experimental style.

The concept is good but it felt like there was something missing, some sort of element but I don't really know what, it just kinda feels like it's lacking a certain something. Sorry I can't be more specific here :(

And I've never seen this anime before :O But it looks good so I'll check it out sometime in the future! :D

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 pm

on a side note, i had made an h264 encode of this using an earlier version of my AMVbe program when I encoded the mpeg for the con. This encode is with the latest build of mencoder (still using AMVbe same profile) , adding weightp support among a few other advance options, and WOW the difference in the encode quality is huge :shock:

i tempted to go an reencode all my older vids i still have masters for.....

Back on topic, thanks for the comments all!
And yesh this was indeed a simple project, If i combined all the actuall hours i spent on the vid, i could say I edited it in less than a day.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Well, I adore this song. I wasn't very fond of the speedups or the lack of high pace footage during the high pace songs, but it had a pretty good overall feel to it, and I can dig it. :up:

JenCM18
Org Profile

Post by JenCM18 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 am

Finally! downloading!!!

[I so need to get back into editing....but I just can't]
Aun Studios. Listen...Imagine...Create. | Ef "feel Alive" | "Keep Me Alive" Your Lie in April & "Feelings We Share" Beyond The Boundary [Work In Progress]

Sora no Honou 空の炎
Org Profile

Post by Sora no Honou 空の炎 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:34 am

Overall a "meh" amv, but don't get discouraged. Keep practicing, and you'll improve. Take these suggestions:
*Don't use random scenes
*Make the video relate to the music more/give it a story that follows the music.
*Don't randomly speed up scenes.
*Try making smother transitions, as opposed to just having one scene follow another.

Aggressor
Org Profile

Post by Aggressor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 am

The mood was great, but I couldn't get rid of feeling I'm watching a draft, a beta version. There aren't many E7 vids out there anyway, and even less a good ones, so this one is closer to the top of the list. I like it, but could have liked much more I think.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”