Haunting Her [Jasper/Oto collab + Minus the Bear]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Haunting Her [Jasper/Oto collab + Minus the Bear]

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:09 pm

aka "IT'S A FUCKING GHOST"

Yup, this is a collab between Oto and me. We're big fans of Minus the Bear and wanted to do something with this song. Here's a super short video description:

A detective investigates a series of gruesome and supernatural incidents. His daughter, against her will, begins to see unsettling visions of the spirit responsible for them.

After spending the past 400 years seeking vengeance on behalf of others, Jigoku Shoujo realizes that the time for her own revenge has come.

It was a fun project for us, so we hope you enjoy!

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Haunting Her [Jasper/Oto collab]

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:12 pm

/me gets

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Who's hauntering what now?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Yay, finally it is done (how long did that take us? I guess depends how we count, but a few months for sure).

It's a fairly simple video and it's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea for sure - especially since it's not really a very clear story video per se (it's more based on an impression than a linear story), but I'm very happy with the result, not to mention the process. We should do moar of that sometime! It was a lot of fun and honestly, while not a quick way of working on videos, I think it's an effective one. It's a real collab, and it's really rather cool how we've managed to pull it off without tracks and without formally dividing duties on it.

PS - kinda lame source was kinda lame. So much inconsistent animation and just awkward story incohesiveness and implicitness. Thusly a pain to work with .__.
It shouldn't take away from the video though!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:02 am

JIGOKU SHOUJO.

I love this anime and I love you. I've yet to see a good video to it..

Edit: And I finally did. Excellent video, nothing constructive to say other than "love this". Ohyes! :up:

Edit 2: I am sorry but I can't like this video anymore.
[13:31] Baqumsu: you are out of your mind
[13:32] Yannis: the Baqum elite didn't like it much because it expected something else, and thus the video is deemed unworthy of praise?
[13:32] Baqumsu: naturally

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Re: Haunting Her [Jasper/Oto collab + Minus the Bear]

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

In the interest of perfectionism, I've reuploaded the video with most of the banding filtered out. Props to Mirko for giving me advice on how to use gradfun2dbmod. :)

Emotive, glad you liked it. At some point. o__o

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Minus The Bear?

/megets

I wasn't crazy about the cookie cutter esce' masks in the beginning. I dug the rest of the video though. Very good stuff.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:57 pm

So, Oto is the bear. Jasper must be "minus"?

Minus and the bear!
Season premiere coming up after My Name is EARL on FOX.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 pm

Was that an audio cut at 3:17, or is the song already like that? Felt a bit jarring and distracted me. :? Besides that, it was actually an :awesome: vid. :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 am

Cap'n Toddenfreude wrote:So, Oto is the bear. Jasper must be "minus"?
Wiki has a funnier explanation, actually
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minus_The_Bear wrote:Some argue the name "Minus the Bear" comes from an inside joke among the band members, referring to the 80's TV show B. J. and the Bear
:uhoh:

Awesome, the banding-less version looks awesome.

Thanks guys for the feedback...
mirkosp wrote:Was that an audio cut at 3:17, or is the song already like that? Felt a bit jarring and distracted me. :?:
I think there is a cut or two somewhere around that area, but not at 3:17 itself. I believe that part is in the song and yeah, there's a few kinda jarring parts there.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”