Reaching You

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Chiiisus
Org Profile

Re: Reaching You

Post by Chiiisus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Ohai thur Zanetta xD
Tis very Cool maybe even edible >:3
Some parts were a little slow but it was really well done :up:

I feel more drawn to your banner with Kaname on it... just cause Kaname is awesome and better than Zero and nyyaaa i just wanna squidge Kaname. xD
Rawr desu <3

Distance
Org Profile

Post by Distance » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

Bakadeshi wrote:actually to my surprise, I realy liked that. makes me want to go finish the series, I only watched upto around eps 10ish.

good job!
I am glad you liked =) much thanks!

Chiiisus wrote:Ohai thur Zanetta xD
Tis very Cool maybe even edible >:3
Some parts were a little slow but it was really well done :up:

I feel more drawn to your banner with Kaname on it... just cause Kaname is awesome and better than Zero and nyyaaa i just wanna squidge Kaname. xD
Thank you xD yay :3 glad chu liked it ^^

PS: Don't eat it xD
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:49 am

Seen this before on the tube :D Love it <3 Pretty goodstuff oji-chan :up:

Distance
Org Profile

Post by Distance » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

AimoAio wrote:Seen this before on the tube :D Love it <3 Pretty goodstuff oji-chan :up:
Yup, thank you Oba-chan X3
ImageImage

Aggressor
Org Profile

Post by Aggressor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

I like the series much (in fact Tsumura Tokiko is one of my favorite chars ever), but not only you managed to spoil the main plot in your descrition on the site but you'd done it the way I'd never watch the anime after reading it. Try to spend the time improving your vid instead of writing such mood-breaking descriptions.
As for the vid, I wonder what could become of it if you spent more time editing...

Distance
Org Profile

Post by Distance » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Aggressor wrote:I like the series much (in fact Tsumura Tokiko is one of my favorite chars ever), but not only you managed to spoil the main plot in your descrition on the site but you'd done it the way I'd never watch the anime after reading it. Try to spend the time improving your vid instead of writing such mood-breaking descriptions.
As for the vid, I wonder what could become of it if you spent more time editing...

hm I see xD Sorry for breaking your mood then o.o Didn't actually think someone would see it that way ;O
Still thanks for commenting, I will try better next time =)
ImageImage

Gaurry_no_blond
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry_no_blond » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm

not enough dynamics. too "weak" song for action

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:28 am

I don't think the song is too weak for action, and I think the editing on the action parts approached what it should be as far as action goes (it was just not always consistent - some good moments in it though).

For me the real problem was that the video was really setting up as a sort of character/romance/action video, but instead ended up as more of an action/character/(romance?) video - I only know this series a little bit, but it seemed like you were setting up to have two connected parts to the video - one about the characters' relationship, the other about their supernatural struggles and such stuff. That's all there, but the action quickly gets random-ish, takes over most of the video and disconnects itself from the character development pretty quickly. A lot of character scenes also border on filler-ish with dramatic-looking faces, and the chemistry needed for it to be a romantic video only pops up in a few scenes. Taken together, the two parts of the video clash and it doesn't leave me with a strong impression or even a mood. Instead the action ends up being a bit of a distraction.

I think your action editing is mostly fine, although I really recommend you vary scenes more and don't get stuck in long stretches of a character fighting the same villain in the same scene.

For a 3-day effort though, this is pretty good for sure. More time and more structure would've helped it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”